.

.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Sixth…

Cute-bear-4

Home from work… Hubby’s been working in the backyard… the boys have been watching Futurama online at Netflix… I’ve checked email and facebook and now I’m fixing dinner… some leftover roast and chili hot dogs… I’ve sent hubby to get the boys off the computer… as son2 still has homework and needs to get his clothes ready for school and tennis… son3 is off to the shower and needs to finish reading his book for school… we have Facing the Giants to watch tonight and Simpsons and Family Guy are new tonight…

Another fast day at work today… I set the ad… the other associates after what seems like a month now are still setting the new Spring shoes for women… of course the mixed directions they have gotten have caused them to have to reset it about four times now… I then went to lunch and was just putting away the shoes in the stockroom when I got called to the store managers office for a second interview for the shoe lead position… I was in there over an hour… he likes to talk… and since I’ve known him for thirteen years, I’ve heard all his stories before… he said a couple more have dropped out of the running since talking with him… I told him I was still interested and not backing out… I still think I am the most qualified out of everyone… and he probably knows it too, however there have many years and times I didn’t pursue other promotions and we talked about those… So I’m still waiting to see what fate has in store… when I got back on the floor of course the other associates wanted to know how it went… they want me to get it as they know me and don’t want a stranger, lol… One of the shoe associates that also applied said she had a dream that I got the position… Actually after talking with him today I feel more comfortable about taking the position then scaring me off…

I still think that this is part of the reason hubby lost his job… forcing me to continue on in my career after putting it on hold the last ten years or so since son3 was born… and waiting to see if hubby was going to step up his career at anytime… not that I wouldn’t take advantage of staying at home, I’m meant to go to work… hubby however I think prefers to stay home and take care of the house and the boys… not that we can afford for either of us to stay home, just that hubby will now work around my schedule when he gets a job and I will put in the hours…

Hubby does have an interview coming up on March 17th… He’s been applying at everything, part time or full time… and finally got an instant interview at one of the online applications websites for Macy’s…

So I’m still trusting God and waiting to see how his plan plays out… of me becoming a supervisor again… what kind of job hubby will get… that we will still pay the bills… and one of us will still always be here for the boys… I know it will all work out… I’m just impatient to see how…

Meanwhile we have about a months worth of work to get ready for inventory on the 15th/16th and only a week to do it… but I keep telling myself I’m not the supervisor yet so it’s still on my supervisor to have a plan to get ready…

Also hubby has been out of work for six months now… just doesn’t seem real… we got the last unemployment check and now waiting to see if he will get the extension… I feel he will though…

Cute-bear-18

Son1 has been coming over about every two weeks to do laundry… he did come over for a minute on Friday as he needed some things from his stuff in the garage as his brake line broke on the Jeep… haven’t heard from him since so I’m guessing he fixed it… he has changed position at his job too… he is now in shipping instead of receiving… he was having a conflict with his supervisor so management moved son1 so they could access the situation… meanwhile his roommate is moving to a new and better job with a new company soon…

Son2 spends all his day at school and then tennis… his report card came: PE A; Anatomy C; English C; US History C; Geometry A; Zoology C+; Cooking/Sewing B; Draw/Paint A… Told him a few too many C’s in the important classes…

Son3 finally had his state testing writing test… so hopefully we are done writing essays for now… what he needs to get caught up in is his AR reading; reading a book each week and taking a test on it… actually reading as many books as you can and taking tests to accumulate points… but by time we are done with regular homework, I just want some down time and so we haven’t been reading in quite a few weeks… although he still hasn’t taken a test on the last book we read… So he finally agreed on a few books today from the bookcase that we can read and the school has tests on them in their system… On the 17th he is going on his mission field trip… I will probably have that day off as he will be on his field trip and hubby has his interview and we have inventory on the Wednesday before which is my usual day off… See how everything always works out… 

Now if I could find some time this year to take some vacation at work… I’ve usually already had two weeks of vacation by this time of year…. One in January and one for the week of Easter… but since my vacation got all messed up last year, I didn’t have any vacation left for January… and Easter is late this year at the end of April so still a long way off… not to mention if I get the position will I be able to take off on vacation so soon… Meanwhile I haven’t had a whole week of vacation since my birthday last year in June…

Dinner is ready… Time to round up the boys… Almost 6pm and still lots to do with eating dinner, watching movies and shows, getting ready for school and having five minutes of quiet time with hubby before I pass out for the night…

Happy Journaling…

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I sure do hope that things go well for you and your hubby as far as work goes. It's hard to believe they still haven't made a decision about your job. I know you are looking forward to some vacation time. Hopefully things will work out that you can have some at Easter.

betty said...

seems like the second interview went well; I hope they make a decision soon; not knowing and waiting around is harder than knowing and dealing with the consequences either way.

good luck with hubby and his interview later this month! I think however it gets worked, having him helping bring in some money and also being available for helping with the boys could be a great stress reliever for all

betty

Lisa said...

Linda, I hope you get that promotion and hubby gets something soon !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

slj said...

It would be wonderful for you to get the promotion and hubby to get the new job:)
And a weeks vacation sounds fantastic. Hopefully you'll be able to take one soon..
Sheri