.

.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March Ninth

bf

I am off today so this will be an ongoing entry throughout the day… Although it is after 10am and the day is moving on without me…

I slept in til 6am, yes that is sleeping in when usually I am already at work at that time… Tried to get son2 out the door for the bus, but he missed it… our boys have trouble talking, listening and moving all at the same time… so I was trying very hard not to talk to son2 as each time I did he kept stopping from getting ready for school… plus he doesn’t understand that just cause the bus comes at a certain on most days that it doesn’t mean it won’t come just a smidge earlier on another day, as it did today… so hubby drove him to school and I got son3 up and me in the shower… son3’s morning ritual is get dressed, eat breakfast while watching Curious George, brush his teeth, study his spelling words on the white board in the hallway and get shoes on and out the door… he even got dressed on his own and picked out his clothes while I was in the shower and hubby was taking son2… however as much as son3 is starting to show independence, he is also showing the not so good side of independence and saying no to me a lot and arguing… but that’s an easy fix as long as he loves video games and I can threaten to ground him from them…

We are still walking son3 to and from school for the exercise… not that we like to cross the main roadway that only has stop signs and is the cut through for the freeway that everyone uses… the school has been very good about finally consistently having a crossing guard there but still once in a great while there is not, like yesterday and today… so of course every one barely stops even if you are in the crosswalk… so today we are almost to the middle of the street when the car that stopped in the left turn lane stopped just enough and then went… we were still a couple of feet from him but still what if at that instance son3 had decided to finally have a boost of energy, generally he is lagging behind us which is also not good in the crosswalk, and run ahead of us in front of the car at the same time he decided not to wait til we had crossed in front of him… so as his window was open I called him a bad name… he made no eye contact or retaliation as he knew he was wrong… and then of course all the way to school we had to explain to son3 why the man was wrong and why Mom was wrong for calling him a bad name… this town makes me so angry every day to walk and drive here, as I’m sure every town does… if only I had a helicopter…

Now hubby and I are home, have had breakfast, talked a bit and now he is outside working in the backyard~fixing fences and such… I have a list of things to do today and need to get busy… especially since lent has started and my goal was to be on the computer less and taking care of the things around the house I have been neglecting over the winter… I have started the laundry and now I am off to wipe down the boy’s bathroom and clean my bathroom…

aniset1b

It is now almost noon… both bathrooms are clean, vacuumed the bedrooms and hall, second load of laundry in… took pictures for my TMS entry and now I’m having a cola break… hubby did get a job call earlier but since they didn’t identify their company and only referred to the resume they received we’re sure it is from the online job websites however it is probably outside sales commission or work from home… if you love selling insurance of any kind and are extremely outgoing and love talking to people then there are a lot of jobs for you… however we would prefer an actual work place to go to and clock to punch… not rely on commission only and have your own cell phone and laptop…

Off to water the houseplants and then watch Emergency while I work on my blog entries for Motivation Station and Krazy Kitchen…

 

Untitled-100

Now it’s almost 5pm… We watched Emergency and I had some lunch… Finally finished my entry for TMS… I knew what I wanted to write about, just couldn’t get my thoughts in order in the entry… We walked to pick up son3 and took Danny with us… Son3 only had to write his spelling words in ABC order as he did his math homework at school… still need to test him on his words and read a bit later… he still didn’t take a test on the last book we read… Son2 had decided this morning that he wasn’t going to tennis practice as he had homework to catch up in: a lot of history and some zoology… he’s working on it now…

I put some pasta on the stove to boil and some meatballs in spaghetti sauce and proceeded to put the ink I bought in the old printer… I always just order the refill generic ink online where you can get 3 black cartridges for $20… I still had some generic color left… so replaced all the ink, proceed to print the taxes on the little bit of paper we have left and it won’t print… a pop-up comes up saying the printer had a part not working and to contact the dealer…. ARGH! always when I want to print… and I just got a new printer last year but did not want to spend the $60 to replace the ink in it… since it was new did not want to buy generic ink… so I went to my room to finish my chocolate bar from last night and hang up and put away the laundry… if hubby can’t get the printer to work tomorrow then guess I will be ordering ink and paper for the new printer… I know we are getting a refund but that is for hubby not working, not ordering supplies to get the refund, lol…

Just waiting for the last load of laundry to go in the dryer… and make some garlic bread and veggies to go with dinner… we got Bones Season 3, Emergency and Life as we Know it from Netflix today… Everything is a repeat again tonight on TV… Watched Glee last night…

Hubby is outside watering the backyard… I think the rain is done for the year and time to turn the sprinklers back on… Gonna finish fixing dinner and since I got a few things done today, I can relax for the rest of the evening…

Happy Journaling…

1 comment:

betty said...

never fun to turn the sprinklers back on, we used to try to postpone it as long as possible (now we have no grass to water, LOL :)

sounds like it was a good productive day for you!1

it is a shame though that people are so much in a hurry they can't even stop to allow kids/families to cross the street safely for school. Do be safe!

betty