.

.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

January Eighteenth

 

msmm

Here we are…

A lazy Saturday… A weekend off…

The yard work is not done and the house is still dirty, but my attitude is adjusted… For the moment…

I got hubby off to work this morning, settled on the laptop and had an egg sandwich for breakfast…

Put a ham in the oven for dinner…

Washed and changed the sheets…

Put away almost the last of the Christmas decorations…

Moved a few things around in my room to make room for the new treadmill that I am still waiting for someone to assemble…

ATT446

Watched some shows and a few Joyce Meyer episodes…

Got the January cards out of the drawer to sign and mail…

Plus I still have to fill out the thank you cards for Christmas…

Now I’m thinking what should we have with the ham… We already had mashed potatoes this week… I’m thinking more like baked beans but I don’t think we have any… hmmm will have to check the cupboards to see what’s easy to fix that we’re in the mood for…

fetchwb

I was on Pinterest and look what I found…

1d27e254689e4c95caeef28c8619848c

dcd4585e8eb776086b7e87f7aceeef16

How cute are these to make for hubby… Cards out of matchboxes… We have two large boxes of matches but they are completely full so I’ve been looking online to see if you can buy plain white matchboxes at craft stores… I’ve found the little ones but not the big ones…

I snacked on cookies and Fritos today so now I am having an apple and a pear…

I am back, was finishing up fixing dinner… added creamed corn, black-eyed peas, pork & beans, fried rice, left over stuffing, cranberry sauce and fruit cocktail…

And was talking with son2… he ordered some Xbox games for himself for his birthday… He got home about 1:30pm from his friends… hasn’t worked on homework today… did some yesterday though… he watched Joyce Meyer with me…

Now that son2 and I have sampled the ham, hubby is home and we can eat and watch our shows… I love my DVR…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Feelings are important, there's no doubt about it, but we can't let them rule us.

God, I believe you can take my mess and make a miracle out of it.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you learn what you do.

If you worry a lot, then day after day you are learning how to worry even better. If you think about doing something a lot, then you are learning how to think about doing. Every moment you are happy, you are learning how to be even happier. Every time you act, you are learning how to take an action even better. What is it that you've been learning today? What is it that you want to learn tomorrow?

 

Tonight

 

Clear 37°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 74°

Tomorrow night

 

Mostly Clear 39°

Happy Journaling…

4 comments:

betty said...

Those are a cute idea with the cards out of matchboxes!

seems like it was an okay day!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You may not have got it all done but you sure did make a dent in things. Ham is one of my favorite meals and I have some leftover in the freezer from Christmas. I'll probably use it to make some scallop potatoes and ham soon. I did get my thank you's out and have sent all but one of my January cards out we still have one birthday yet at the end of the month. Hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Augratin potatoes and green butterbeans are good sides for ham.

Hey, Linda, hope you'll consider doing the A-Z Challenge with me this April.

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the read. YOu are one busy lady. I am sure the treadmill will be assembled. I'm with Betty, I like the match box idea.
I remember making a kids camera of the match box as a kid.
Thanks for the BD wishes. God is good!