.

.

Friday, January 17, 2014

January Seventeenth

 

03808007

Friday! Yay!

I close tonight… I am off this weekend!!

Hubby is off at work…

Son3 is off at school…

Son2 is now up and on his laptop…

After discovering that Maple has once again chewed through his cable wires…

No matter how much we lock up the electronics behind closed doors, cover the wires, tie up the wires, hide the wires… She finds one to chew…

I am slowly climbing out of my funk… I blame the full moon, hormones, winter, my attitude… and sometimes I just want to be mad… Get my negative feelings out… I tend to hold everything in and eventually explode…

I watched a couple of episodes of Joyce Meyer this morning… She’s honest about her feelings and that we are just children in God’s eyes…

IMG_0002

Here’s the blessing jar from 2013… that is actually a lot of card stock packed together… so even though the jar is not filled, I filled out a lot of papers… We did not read them on New Year’s Eve as planned… We did start going through them one weekend morning that we were all home but as there are so many and some are conversation starters it is going to take awhile to go through all of them… It was a good exercise but a lot of work so I won’t be doing them again this year… I tend to write everything down on my calendar and as I’m filling out the calendar for the new year, I review the old year…

IMG_0006

Pictures I took of the full moon this week…

IMG_0007

Yesterday I went to work after all… Figured it was better to be grumpy there then stay home and nag at hubby all day since it was his day off…

You do notice though that when he is off I am at work and when I am off he is at work… I know I complained when he was on unemployment that I needed a break from him but isn’t there a happy middle somewhere… Especially since he is working part time at just under thirty hours a week…

So I opened all the new boxes from the truck all day, working out my aggressions…

Hubby made dinner last night… turkey loaf, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, gravy, bread sticks… It was very good…

Son2 did not drive to or from school yesterday… He didn’t want to in the morning and hubby not only forgot to pick him up but when he did, forgot to let him drive…

Son3 had math, English and science homework last night…

Now that son2 has math, he’ll have homework more often now too…

Son1 stopped by last night to drop off a new cord for son2 that he made to replace one that Maple chewed up…

He also wants son2 to housesit the dogs the weekend of the 25th but that is son2’s birthday weekend so don’t know what he decided yet…

DIL has a session/job to do hair and makeup for a wedding out of town…

DIL is nine weeks today…

IMG_0008

This morning I have checked on Facebook ( I have actually cut back on the time I spend on Facebook), read a few blogs (I am trying to spend more time blogging instead), read email, read a bit of my book, had breakfast, researched a bit on colon cleanses, signed up for Happify that I saw at the Oprah website, but may just be more work and time spent online, and did some paperwork that I brought home from work…

index

I have been wanting a treadmill for years but they are so big and heavy and expensive to deliver and break down and expensive… So I couldn’t justify buying one… Especially when our fitness equipment tends to be more of a holder of laundry… so once again a couple of weeks ago I began researching and discovered manual treadmills that only cost $100 instead of $1000… So I ordered this one as it got very positive reviews and it came yesterday… of course it’s nothing like the fancy treadmills with all the electronic bells and whistles but it’s meant for exercising… the reviews said being a manual you have to do all the work and in trade get more of a workout… I’m just hoping it’s sturdy enough and I actually use it and that it’s not too loud so that I can hear the TV if that is how I pass the time while on it… Plus I’m hoping it’s as compact as it claims and I can put it in the corner of my bedroom… It came yesterday as delivery was free and I’m hoping son2 will put it together for me today… Although all of a sudden he claims to have homework…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Anything that God shows you to do, He will give you the power to do it.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you can stay strong through misfortune.

When times are rough, don’t fight it. Have patience. Storms wreak havoc in every life. But if you bend with the storm like a blade of grass and allow it to pass, soon you will stand upright again.

 

Today

 

Sunny 74°

Tonight

 

Clear 37°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 72°

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

Let us know about the treadmill. I loved our treadmill when we had it, great exercise. I think it is hard sometimes to get the right balance of having our spouses around, LOL. I think we finally achieved that balance here with the nights he teaches guitar and the occasional odd job he picks up now and then that gets him out for a bit, but I do realize I had to adjust my schedule considerably with him being around and I do sometimes still miss the schedule I kept when he worked the traditional work week.

Won't be long before you meet the new wee one!

Enjoy your weekend off!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My daughter faithfully walks on her treadmill. She gained a lot of weight when she had the baby but is now down below the weight she was before she had the baby. Well now he'll be 2 in May. I've never used one. When my children were small I lost weight just running around after all of them. Hope you enjoy your weekend off.