.

.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

December Eighteenth

Christmas14

Three days down, three more to go… I didn’t think very carefully when I switched Tuesday off and went to work today… I’m working six days in a row… Oh well… just working 6-2 and opening boxes… which they need to bring the boxes faster… I am still way behind and only six days til Christmas… and someone is bringing up boxes from the wrong side of the box mountain as I am opening sandals… There are a whole lotta winter shoes/boots to get to the floor before we start on sandals…

I do work all day on Christmas Eve… 10-6… not sure what is up with that… plus the fact that I have 37hrs next week and the other two associates on my schedule only have 9hrs each… plus I get paid for Christmas Day so I’ll have 44hrs for the week… How rude…

Watching Bones reruns with hubby… he made a bundt cake yesterday by adding pudding mix to the cake mix… something he discovered when researching all his cookie cake recipes… it’s yummy… I have been eating since I got home today… had a chili dog…  a creme soda… hubby made baked potato wedges with lots of seasoning… tomato soup with cornbread for dinner… it was yummy… hubby had split pea soup… the boys were still full of hot dogs from earlier… hubby just brought me hot chocolate too… I’ll work it off at work tomorrow…

Come January First I’m back on losing weight… I want to get back to the 30lbs lost from the up and down I’ve been doing… and then lose another 11lbs… just cause it will be 2011…

Son1’s girlfriend was over last night… she and son1 were playing a card game… is it wrong that she changes into her pjs/loungewear when she comes over… I don’t even put on my pjs til I go to my room… Son1 was telling us that his dad is getting engaged for Christmas and going to New York to meet her family… son1 is not happy about it… I think not happy more about not seeing his dad for Christmas…

Son2 needs to catch up some sleep or something… he is so grumpy already on vacation… growling and snapping… he and his friends are still trying to get organized to pick names for gift exchange get together on the eve of Christmas eve…

Son3 is just too excited waiting for Christmas…

Just waiting for a couple more online orders to come in the mail and then wrapping will be done… Hubby wants to make cookies with the boys this week… and we want to drive through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights one night, maybe Tuesday… On Wednesday I want to make cards for each other, son3’s idea… And read the Christmas Story out of the Children’s Bible…

I’m almost done with my Nora Robert’s book so think I will go read while hubby figures out if we are going to watch anything Christmasy… Son2 and son3 are off on their video games…

vintagecristmas_1024x678

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

I think the girlfriend feels mighty comfortable at your place which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I think it is a good thing, even though it is a lot of hours, that you were given that many hours to work, so consider it a blessing!!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

As busy as you've been I guess you do need to eat a bit extra there. Sometimes you need the energy. As for that girlfriend and her lounge wear I do think I'd say something as it is your home. Working 6 in a row is going to leave you feeling pretty tired out. Try to get some extra sleep. Take good care!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wow, Linda you are working hard.
What is it with number2 son's??? Our son2 is Mister Crabby and yes, I am OVER IT!!
No, changing into lounge wear in someone else's home when you are not an OVERNIGHT houseguest is not appropriate in my eyes, sends a message...
((HUGS)) Thanks for the Xmas card too.