.

.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Fifteenth

IMG_0003

I switched my days off so I was off yesterday and today… so hubby didn’t have to get up early and take me to work… son1’s part for the Jeep came yesterday so tomorrow evening when he is off work, he can put it in… I was wanting the day off as I got to have two days off in a row and I got to have an hour all to myself while hubby was at his doctor appointment… I’ve been so tired with the winter weather, being dark all the time and all the working… of course now I have to work the next five days in a row…

IMG_0010

Hubby got his refill on his blood pressure medication… of course when he went yesterday his blood pressure was high as he has white coat syndrome in that it is only high at the doctor office… when he takes it at home it is fine… he has even taken in his blood pressure device to show the RN that is works fine… but of course she doesn’t believe in white coat syndrome… so on Monday he has to wear a blood pressure device to check his blood pressure continuously for twenty four hours…

IMG_0002

Son3 is off on a field trip today to see the new Narnia movie… he was all excited, even brought some of his own money so he could get popcorn and a soda… they have been talking about the Nutcracker at school this week so he brought The Nutcracker book and an actual nutcracker with a Nutcracker on it… and in doing so got a free homework pass… he wanted to use it last night but his homework was too easy… so I talked him into saving it for tonight so he could have a whole free day on field trip day plus it is early day… besides I have a feeling spelling homework tonight will be writing sentences… and he is getting the new Cats and Dogs from Netflix today… So he’s having a good day…

IMG_0005

Son2 is counting the days til vacation… just two more days and they are half days for him as he has finals… he and his friends are exchanging names this week for their annual eve before Christmas eve get together… he has decided on a gift of $10 but instead of a gift card he is going to use the money/paper itself to make an origami piece of some design… he and hubby have been making/researching, as they haven’t finished anything for me to share, Christmas origami ornaments… I told hubby to make something for son1’s girlfriend and he has a pink pinecone ornament he made for her… when she comes over she stands in front of the tree and says how she just loves our tree….

IMG_0012

Son1 is getting burned out working two jobs, spending time with the girlfriend and friends and still having time for himself to play his games and do his errands… he did tell his part time job that he would stay on after the holidays but just one or two days a week… they tell him what a good worker he is and his sales are really good… he still wants to train to be a fireman and hubby said son1 mentioned joining I think the Army to get his fireman training that way… but don’t know for sure til he actually commits to one of his plans…

IMG_0013

Just me and hubby home today… last day before the boys are off for three weeks… Christmas lights are on and Christmas music playing… hubby keeps finding one more Christmas decoration to put up or ornament for the tree… he has been fighting with his lights burning out fuses outside… and we lost the female reindeer, only her butt lights up now… partly from the rain and partly from how many lines in each outlet… so he keeps rerouting and he wants to reroute so certain ones can still be on in the rain without everything being on that can’t get wet… keeps him busy in between job hunting… although he really needs to find a job just to get out of the house… he’s talking out loud more than ever… and the dog and cat aren’t always near by to answer…

IMG_0014

Yesterday I spent the whole day on the laptop… cleaning up files, playing on facebook and don’t know what all that didn’t seem like it should have taken all day… I did take a break and put away laundry and watch Criminal Minds since I fell asleep the night before… Last night we watched Rules of Engagement, Mike and Molly, Hawaii Five O, and CSI… Just had a quiet day reflecting… lately my head hits the pillow and I am out only to open my eyes it seems a minute later and it is time to get up… I think hubby is wrapping some toys up that son2 cleaned out over the summer for son3 that we hadn’t given him yet… I did tease the boys and say I was going to wrap up things from their rooms that they hadn’t played with in a while… I need to get the laundry started, put some split pea soup on the stove and pay some bills…

IMG_0015

Happy Journaling…

1 comment:

betty said...

had to laugh about son1 and his plans, son here makes plans but I have yet to see many of them put into action; but I would imagine son1 is getting tired of the work schedule

glad son3 got to go on the field trip; I know he had concern about that a few weeks ago; I heard that movie was good too!

cute idea with the orgami son2 is investigating, very clever!!

betty