.

.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August First

Beat The Heat_CC 

For those of you who may have remembered an entry I did way back on May 19th about me having a weight loss plan… I apologize for not following up on that progress sooner… You probably thought I gave up on the whole thing…. but no…. my goal was to lose nine pounds by my birthday on June 12th… well actually I lost twelve pounds… I can’t believe it myself nor do I really know what I did exactly… I’ve also managed to keep it off til now in spite of all the birthdays and summer fun food we have been eating… So now that summer is coming to an end and school will be starting in just nine days, I thought it was time to get serious again…

GX00121Z 

Today I was at work from 6-2:30… had a multi vitamin and vitamin D with water before I left… Set the ad, had lunch of yogurt, chimichanga and a cola… I’m reading True Betrayal by Nora Roberts… then opened boxes and put away shoes the rest of the afternoon… got in over seven thousand steps on the pedometer… came home, did the dishes, cleared the island, cleared the dining room table, put away the birthday decorations, addressed the cards to go in the mail for August, checked email and made dinner… I had boneless chicken, lima beans, baked beans, sour dough bread with butter and water… I nibbled on the crumbs from the chicken strips I cooked for the boys too… I had a creme soda after work that should have been water… I’m still using the small salad plates instead of dinner plates… I really noticed the difference when we ate out at AppleBees for son3’s bday… when they brought our plates of food, the plates seemed so BIG, since I have been using the small plates all year… I’m full now so I should be done for the day… unless hubby offers me an ice cream or popsicle later…

The boys are playing IronMan2 on son1’s xbox… Hubby and I are watching Disc 1 of Hercules season 1… I’ve sent son3 to the shower… Need to start getting back on a night time ritual of bed time for when school starts… Son3 did read some of his Prince of Persia chapter book today, he says he is on chapter seven…

Hercules is almost done and it is time to go clean the kitchen again…

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congrats on the 12 pounds. That is wonderful. Smaller portions is a great idea. When I eat out it seems I'm always taking half of it home, but I do know many that eat it all. I hope your Monday is a great one!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so proud of you on all fronts! Congrats on the weight loss, getting so much done, and having fun w/your fellas.

Barbara said...

Congradulations on all your weight loss.