.

.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

April Twenty First

 

IMG_0007

This morning we had leftover strawberry pancakes, scrambled eggs and spam…

Got the boys moving and we went to OSH to check on arbors for the rambling rose that is almost blocking the side gate to get into the backyard… they didn’t have any but the boys did get some cactus and new pots…

IMG_0008IMG_0010

Then we went to the nursery and son3 wanted some marigolds… so we planted them in a pot for the table so the snails wouldn’t get them…

IMG_0006

And we got these bushes for the front side of the house… we’ve been seeing them all over the neighborhood so figured they would survive in our yard…

IMG_0018

And I got some more gerberas for the front yard…

IMG_0003

Then we couldn’t resist this rose bush…

IMG_0004

And then realized when we got home that no wonder we liked it, it’s just like the ones we already have…

IMG_0005

And the spot we were going to put it was too small so I’m thinking I’m going to pull out this English tea rose as it doesn’t grow like I want it to… it’s branches grow about five feet and then just lay all over the ground… and we will put the new rose here as this spot needs some color…

IMG_0015

Hubby and son2 working in the yard…

IMG_0016

Backyard after son2 mowed it yesterday…

IMG_0012

Back side yard… the very last rose bush on the left has a bird nest in it…

IMG_0023IMG_0024

Closer view of the bird nest… no eggs in it though… although yesterday the mother bird was having a fit on the roof as I was working too close to the nest…

IMG_0008

I’ve been debating back and forth on whether to get me a cell phone… hubby and I had cell phones about ten years ago but hubby barely used it so it didn’t make sense for us to have them if he didn’t answer when I called him… then son1 and son2 had cell phones so if we needed to get them we could call from the house phone or vice versa… when hubby had the temporary UPS job a bit back he would borrow son2’s phone while he was out and about soliciting copies for UPS…

Until recently we’ve been paying for son2’s phone so I didn’t want to add the expense of another phone with hubby not working… and I’ve always given hubby a hard time about us paying for cell phones to use for work… however being a manager and current times it would be better for work if I had a cell phone… and hubby was telling me yesterday that he has passed up lots of job applications that require cell phones and or laptops…

So today before we went shopping I ordered hubby and I phones from Cricket… we like Cricket for the monthly fee and no contracts so we can cancel at anytime…

Son2 is going to upgrade his phone to the one I got, hubby has a simpler phone, and put his account in his name and then we will cancel the account we have for him now and just have hubby and my new account…

And then we’ll see how it goes paying wise with hubby not working and if we use them as much as we should… and maybe hubby will get a job where he needs to use his phone…

IMG_0022

We also got Slurpee's today… they were out of banana and orange so son2 and I had to get cherry coke… hubby got pina colada and son3 mixed everything together…

I made teriyaki pork with bell peppers, squash and zucchini over rice for dinner…

I didn’t get hardly any of what I wanted done this weekend… once again my house is not clean… but we did get out and about and spent time with the boys…

Back to work tomorrow…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

When fear knocks on your door send faith to answer, and no one will be there.

The promises of God are for everybody, including you! (Isaiah 40:29-31)

Decide to change your thinking today by renewing your mind with God's Word.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

each day is an adventure for you to discover.

Face each day without fear or expectation. Experience to the fullest whatever comes your way. It is as God meant it to be.

 

Tonight

 

Clear 59°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 92°

Tomorrow night

 

Clear 61°

Happy Journaling…

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I use my cell phone exclusively now and have not had a home phone for several years. I'd feel lost without it. Most of my family has done the same. No sense in having both. Your yard with all the flowers and shrubs is very pretty. One of these days it'll finally stay warm around here and I may have some roses blooming too. This morning when I checked it was only 28 degrees out. BrrrChill! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!