.

.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February Twelfth

 

IMG_0001

Miss Holly sleeping on the futon…

IMG_0002

She says, “Do Not Disturb”…

IMG_0003

Hubby and I had a day together, just the two of us… the boys were in school…

So we celebrated Valentine’s day early…

Above is my present and card from hubby… he painted the above bird houses… I’ve had the birdhouses for a while just sitting on the entertainment center au natural…

IMG_0005

Card hubby made me…

IMG_0006

Hubby got me some craft scissors, pink even for Valentine’s… mine have a broken handle…

IMG_0007

A closer picture of the birdhouses… he painted flowers on them and added little birds…

IMG_0009

The 3D picture in frame I made for hubby…

IMG_0010

Card I made for hubby…

IMG_0014

And I made hubby a dozen heart shaped peanut butter cookies…

IMG_0011

Hubby and I worked in the yard a bit today… Hubby worked on cutting down the pile we made from last time… and I trimmed more roses and vines… still lots of leaves to rake… and the lemons need picking… but the yard totes fill up so quickly and the garbage man only comes once a week… so gonna take some time before everything is trimmed, cleaned up and cleared away…

When hubby picked up son2 from college I had him get deli chicken for dinner for a special treat… and he got chocolate cake… I made pumpkin bread and there is still raspberry cheesecake leftover… son2 is having all three… son3 is having pumpkin bread… and hubby and I are just having double chocolate fudge cake…

I need water…

Lent starts tomorrow…

IMG_0012

Monday was a good day at work, I actually got stuff done… of course still lots more to do…

Son1 had a good first day at his new job… he was especially happy about the uniforms, hats, and supplies he got on the first day… his old job took a year just to get him one work shirt…

We’re watching Role Models with Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott… Hubby loves this movie… It is funny!…

IMG_0013

Time to get son3 in the shower… He and I have school and work tomorrow… I have to be to work early… Son3 had a good day of homework today… and he read fifteen pages over the weekend, he’s liking his Halo book… Son2 is still waiting til the last minute the night before school to do his homework… even after having four days off…

I had a nice relaxing day of spending time with hubby and getting things done in a non rushed way…

I did have things I wanted to write about but like son2 I save my blogging til to late at night and then I’m tired and can’t think…

Tomorrow is lent…

I want to blog every day with a bible entry for lent and updates of the day… and for lent I want to make good choices for the day for health and well being… instead of saying I’m going to give up sweets and soda and snacks…

I have to be up very early for work tomorrow… and I’m still waiting to put the last load of laundry in the dryer…

Hubby and son2 are watching some show on the history channel about hunting for pirate treasure…

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

People are always judging each other and, the truth is, they're not very good at it. Don't put a lot of concern into what people think of you. You weren't created to please and entertain everyone. You were created to be you, so feel good about yourself.

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

everything passes.

Nothing is eternal, even the sun will one day disappear. Remember this simple truth whenever you are suffering, - that the suffering too shall pass, - and it will become easier to bear.

Tonight

Clear 37°

Tomorrow

 

 Sunny 66°

Tomorrow night

Clear 40°

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

Wouldn't it be neat to find a pirate's treasure?? Glad you and hubby had some time together! All cute gifts you exchanged with each other! Glad to hear son1 enjoyed day 1 of new job!!! I too am giving up snacks for Lent.

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful it must be to have lemons in your backyard. I love fresh lemonade but I'm sure the lemons I get taste nothing like the fresh ones you have. Sounds like you had a great day off. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!