.

.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

February Sixteenth

 

IMG_0002

Matthew 9:9-17

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth, Follow me, he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came, and are with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?

On hearing this, Jesus said, It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: I desire mercy, not sacrifice., for I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.

Then John’s disciples came and asked him, How is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?

Jesus answered, How can the guest of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.

No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

IMG_0001

The daffodils are blooming…

IMG_0003

Yesterday when I got to work the visitors were leaving… I just caught a glimpse of them as they were walking across the parking lot… everyone was laughing so I’m thinking they were pleased… My managers said our departments did good… my name was even brought up that I was a lead who was on task… others keep saying that they are glad I am in the position and things are going well… but I don’t feel I’ve even really done anything yet or even touched everything yet…

I did get all my reports done and filed and got a couple of things done but not everything I wanted to last night as I also had to do closing duties… the person who replaced me in shoes is my closing buddy so I did a bit of training as she had some shoe questions… but she has not stepped up to her responsibilities outside of shoes as a manager… she is doing some but not shadowing me so she can learn them all… she’s closing this weekend with other leads so we’ll see if they can get her to come out of shoes and learn the duties of store closing… but otherwise it was a nice quiet night…

IMG_0004

I am off this weekend…

I was up at 7am… hubby slept in til 9am… the boys slept in the family room since son3 has a three day weekend and they were watching their cartoons… then they woke by 10am and watched more cartoons… I was teasing son2 as it’s important for nineteen years old to watch their cartoons…

I got caught up on emails and some blogs and of course Facebook…

Hubby made breakfast of fried eggs, spam and biscuits with jelly… and hot chocolate…

I have vacuumed my room,  washed three loads of laundry, got everything together to make turkey burgers for dinner, filled the birdfeeders, cat litter box…

IMG_0005

The Gerberas are blooming…

IMG_0006

IMG_0007

I picked the lemons from the tree…

IMG_0008

Sixteen bags worth…

They are in the front yard for free…

Now though I have a headache and I’m so tired…

I’m losing my oomph…

I wanted to go room by room today and do one thing in each room…

So I’m writing in the blog trying to get motivated…

IMG_0009

There is a bird nest in the tree… no eggs though…

IMG_0010

The lemon tree after… I need the big ladder to get to the rest… I was using the step ladder…

I think hubby and I will go for a walk to get our energy back…

Son2 is playing an online game with his friends… son3 is playing XBOX…

IMG_0011

Next we need to take care of those vines that are growing all the way up in the tree…

We did not go for a walk…

Hubby took a nap… so I fiddled around online and the started pulling my books out of my bookcases that I never finished putting on my viral bookcase: Shelfari… see my side bar… only got through two bookshelves, more to go… but now it is time to make dinner… so we can kick back and watch some shows on the DVR…

I just noticed all the lemons are gone, so I took down the sign… our neighbors don’t mess around when it’s free… helps that we live on a corner lot… last hubby and I went for a walk we noticed a neighbor had a sign in their yard that said: lemons 7 for a $1… I may have put them out of business with my free sign… or maybe they are now selling my lemons… lol… someone may be…

Yello-Teanee-1

Dinner is done… the turkey burgers were very good, with rice and pork & beans… I did not do well with my eating today or you could say I ate very well… as I ate too much… I ate seconds of hubby’s very good breakfast… my downfall was I munched on tortilla chips with salsa… then I cleaned out the fridge of leftovers that we’ll call lunch… so I did good at dinner with only one helping… but the jelly beans that hubby got me for Valentine’s did me in… they’re all gone now so they won’t be tempting me again…

We're almost done watching our shows: How to Train Your Dragon, Men with Kids, Impractical Jokers, Last Man Standing, Mike & Molly and The Big Bang Theory…

It’s almost 9pm already… Today was a fast day…

 

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Remember: Life is about loving God and loving people.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you are wonderfully made.

Look at the world around you, the infinite detail and creativity. Unimaginable beauty surrounds us every day. You are part of that creation, materializing from the same artist that created sunsets and rainbows. Don't ever allow yourself to think you are anything less than wonderful.

 

Today

 

Partly Cloudy 73°

Tonight

 

Partly Cloudy 42°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 70°

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

That was a lot of lemons!!! One would hope that they wouldn't be selling your lemons!!! Son still watches cartoons and he'll be 24 next month :)

Did look like you accomplished a lot today, and just think, you have tomorrow off too!!!!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

All boys must be the same when it comes to cartoons. I can remember years and years ago when I had to work half days on Saturday, I'd come home to find my hubby watching cartoons. Of course I wasn't happy about that but it was his day off and he enjoyed them. What a treat to have all those lemons. I am sorry I'm not one of your neighbors. And how nice to see those daffodils. We have 3-4 inches of new snow on the ground here this morning. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

My 50 year old Pete still likes to watch cartoons! Your lemon tree is beautiful. Good to see things are well in your neck of the woods. - Barbara
Life & Faith in Caneyhead