.

.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Twelfth

 

IMG_8251

Today I forced the boys to go for a drive in the car…

I allowed them to bring their electronic devices…

They still whined and complained all the way there…

Once we got to Lewis Creek Trail in Oakhurst they had a great time…

I was hoping to see snow but was surprised as to how much was on the trail as there was none on the main road/highway…

The creek was frozen in some places…

We had brought coats and snow boots just in case and glad we did as it was cold…

There were others enjoying the trail also and a few with dogs with very cold paws I’m sure…

IMG_8285

I was hoping to be up early and in the car so we could be back early in the afternoon and maybe go to the grocery store…

We were up a bit after 8am, hubby cut my hair again (he cut it the other day but it just wasn’t blending like I wanted in the back, so now it is way shorter then I wanted but at least it all blends from front to back now…), hubby made breakfast, the boys showered, and we were finally in the car just before noon…

We were then home by 4:15 stopping at Raley’s in Oakhurst for eggs, milk and French bread to go with Clam Chowder and chicken leftovers for dinner… the eggs and milk were so hubby could make a chocolate pudding cake… we are so full now…

We’ll go grocery shopping tomorrow…

IMG_0025

Only one more day of vacation…

Actually I think I am excited to go back to work and get started on my new job…

Yesterday felt like Saturday and today Sunday, but tomorrow is Sunday so I still have one more day of vacation…

Tomorrow I want to work in the yard a bit but mostly get ready for work and son3 ready for back to school…

Backpacks and lunchboxes ready…

Mostly grocery shopping is for lunch things for school… son3 doesn’t want to buy his lunch anymore, he just wants to bring PB&J with an oatmeal cookie and Kool-Aid…

IMG_0046

Hubby and son2 are watching the 49er game… the score is 45-23, 49ers over Packers…

Only just over a minute left in the game, of course they can drag that out for half an hour…

Packers scored: 45-31 with less then a minute…

Hubby is happy that the 49ers will win…

I’m off to find jammies and read my Nora Roberts, Once Upon a Castle…

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

That looked like a pretty place to go for a drive! Cold though I'm sure!! Glad everyone eventually had a great time after they got up there, LOL.

Vacations are always wonderful, but it is good to go back to the routine of school or work; I bet you'll do so good in your new position! And I do hope you "carve" out a bit of time to post more often in your blog!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you got a chance to get out and away for the day. I enjoyed the video of the snow ball fight. Enjoy your last day of vacation. Monday will be here soon enough.

Unknown said...

Love reading that friend I care about are having great days. Vacations are always fun but I was always eager to get back to work. I miss being able to do that.
Have an awesome day.
Love you much.