.

.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November Third

IMG_0003

These pictures are from this morning as Hubby and I walked through the park after dropping off son3 at school…

IMG_0006

IMG_0010

We’re watching Lost in Space… Made lasagna for dinner…

IMG_0014

IMG_0015

Hubby and I finished cleaning up from Halloween today… I did over five loads of laundry and still have a lot more to go… I vacuumed a bit and swept the front porch… Put away all the laundry from last week… Put up the Thanksgiving decorations… watered the houseplants… made all the slideshows from the Halloween pictures… watched Emergency…

IMG_0018

IMG_0021

And did homework with son3… I have discovered that the homework is definitely what is making me grumpy… because I am fine all day even at work until son3 gets home and has homework… I know he has to do it but I am so over homework… my whole day has to end because he has to do homework… I’m being silly, rude and selfish… we need a new homework routine… He had two pages of math, both sides, took an hour and a half to finish it with interruptions and him taking a bathroom break… then he had to write sentences for his spelling words, that took forty minutes with me helping him… he had to color a cutout figure to go with his report that is due Friday… we went over the handout for the report he has to write for Friday, but we have not started writing it yet… he is supposed to read every night and take AR reading tests on the books but he hasn’t taken a test on the book we read last week yet so we haven’t read any new books yet… now he is off to take a shower and get ready for quiet time before bed at 9pm…

IMG_0023

IMG_0024

Got a call from son2’s school nurse today… he was in a fight sort of… at the beginning of lunch one of his friends was being punched by a guy who was upset about something that had happened on the bus a week ago… friends pulled the friend being punched back out of the line of fire… person doing the punching backed up just as son2 was coming around to see what was going on…. he turned as son2 said what is going on and proceeded to punch son2 in the face several times before running off… all ended up in the office/nurse’s office with the school police officer asking questions and filing a report… son2 and friend are not in trouble but person doing the punching is probably suspended… son2’s friend had several cuts inside in his mouth and very swollen lips… son2 has a swollen nose and cut lip… both were in the restroom spilling lots of blood… lots of texting and facebooking going on since he’s been home… hubby had to pick him up as they had to be released to a parent… son2 saw the person doing the punching leaving with his father yelling at him in the parking lot… son2 said he is definitely going to school tomorrow as he is making biscuits in Home Economics…

IMG_0030

IMG_0031

Criminal Minds comes on tonight but going to tape it so hubby and I can watch some Kolchak… Back to work tomorrow…

IMG_0032

Today I ate: hot chocolate… vitamins, water… breakfast~yogurt over cheerios… tortilla chips… lunch~slice of pizza, cola… tortilla chips, beans, salsa… dinner~lasagna, garlic bread, squash, zucchini, cola…

Pedometer: over 5000 steps…

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

poor son2!! what an awful place to be at the wrong time!! but I agree with him, he's got to go to school for those biscuits! I loved when son had home economics and he brought home samples :)

I'm not sure what the answer is because we struggled with the same issues, but I'm thinking son3 needs to be more independent with his homework but how you get him to do that, that's what I'm clueless about. I think I would find that frustrating too to have to be so involved with something like this on top of everything else going (and I know parents should be available for help if needed, but ultimately need to teach the kids' its their responsibility, and like I said, I struggled with this too)

betty

Martha said...

Don't feel bad about homework making you grumpy, it's not selfish. I always felt the same way. I made a rule that once the kids got to middle school homework was their own responsibility. I'm here if they need help with something but other than that it's up to them to do what they are suppose to do. It has caused some problems here and there especially when I have to come out and tell a teacher now and then to talk to my son(s) about it instead of me. Those who don't understand are the ones who don't have kids, of course they are always the ones who give the huge amounts of homework too!
If the boys aren't responsible about homework it's handled through removing video game privileges until they are back on track. It usually works pretty well!

Martha said...

Oh and sorry about your son getting hit! Hope he's ok!!