.

.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

November Sixth

ChristmasSnowmanandcupofhotchocolat

What a day… I was grumpy… Yelled at the boys… I know we will be ok… I know hubby will eventually get a job… I know we will get through the holidays… I’m ok now too after a bit of yelling and a good cry… I just get a bit overwhelmed at times… Lots of thoughts but hard to type them out… Back to one day at a time, and trying not to let my thoughts get the best of me…

ChristmasSnowmanandminitree

Son1 stayed at a friend’s last night, then he met up with girlfriend, they went to another friend’s to work on the Jeep that still hasn’t passed smog, then they were here for dinner and now they are watching a movie… son1 has hooked his XBox  to the internet and is now able to watch Netflix movies on his XBox… so we are getting more out of Netflix for our money as we were watching The Karate Kid that came in the mail…

Son2 has been playing his XBox all day with his new hard drive… although he was having problems getting one of his games to play…

Son3 was bored all day after he finished his morning cartoons, as he wanted to play XBox but did play some of his computer games… and playing with his Nerf gun all day…

Hubby cleaned in the garage,  part hiding from my grumpiness and part cause it needed it… hubby had bought the boy’s candy at half price off at Target since they didn’t trick or treat, so he sorted it out evenly between the boys today…

I did lots more laundry and put it away… Made split pea soup with ham, carrots and potatoes… Updated the checkbook and paid the bills… and went through most of the books in the children’s bookcase to find books in son3’s reading level that he can read for his AR reading tests…

We finished watching The Karate Kid, the new one, it was pretty good and they stayed to the story… Now we are watching Lost in Space… Gotta love that Dr. Smith…

We turn the clocks back tonight… more sleep right… lately I am not sleeping through the night, waking up every few hours thinking it’s time to get up… and when I do sleep son3 wakes me up with a bad dream or the cat bugging him…

Gonna finish watching Lost in Space and still have a bit more clothes to put away…

ChristmasSnowmanwithbird

Today I ate: hot chocolate… breakfast~yogurt on honey grahams… bbq chips… cola… dinner~split pea soup, top ramen chicken soup, rolls, water… 3pcs candy…

Pedometer: didn’t wear it today…

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

(((Linda))) It is a stressful time and I am soooo sorry!! It is good to at least write it down, even if you delete it after you write it, LOL, rather than keeping things inside and them having so much kept inside that it spills over. It is really hard for you because I know you are used to some alone time and I know you aren't getting that in increments you used to have. then there is the stress of the upcoming holidays, etc. It will all be okay like you said and hubby will get another job, etc., but regardless the holidays will still be so very special because you guys will be together and maybe create new traditions and it could be a very special time. In the meantime, I think it is okay to mourn the fact that you might not be able to do what you want to do with the holidays and I know you are grateful for what you have when so many have lost everything and are homeless (not trying to guilt you, but you know what I mean) that I think eventually you can find joy with the upcoming holidays no matter the circumstances. So much to be thankful for and grateful for I think!!

hugs to you!! (I know I'll be going through these same things come January, LOL, and I have had to deal with anxiety issues too with our upcoming move and change in financial status, I just keep praying and trusting and hoping and waiting and knowing God is in control :)

betty

slj said...

Linda, after reading Betty's entry, I know I would only be repeating what she had to say:) So, instead, I will just say everyone needs to be able to have that "down" time. I'm glad you felt better after.
I'll keep all of you in my prayers,
Sheri

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've been living one day at a time for almost 20 years now and it must work cause I'm still here and the great thing about it is that I'm enjoying each day more too. What a blessing it is for me to wake to the wonders of each new day. Life isn't easy at all but even the worse happenings can be dealt with if we take them one day at a time. You just hang in there and with out a doubt you'll find that this too will pass! Lots of Love and Hugs to you! LOLAH!