.

.

Friday, September 17, 2010

September Seventeenth

scarecrow bears

Last night I definitely had a fever… and was asleep by 7:30pm… I was up at 4:30 this morning feeling a bit better… I got the signs ready… had a bit of help putting them up… changed out some sale tables… found out from the supervisor that we have two weeks to make sure the floor and stockroom are set correctly for our certification… We have a lot to do to get ready… Went to lunch… and opened boxes til it was time to go home…

Still no word from unemployment… but I think that is a good thing and we will probably just get a first check… hubby says that the person on the phone said they would notify him within 48 hours but it’s way past that… so maybe she meant something else… or we’ll get something in the mail tomorrow… It’s interesting that right before this happened we were cleaning out some papers and found hubby’s unemployment papers from last time… and they still do things exactly the same… and he never got a letter or call from the last time when he did a phone interview… he did however have another phone interview at the end of his unemployment but he had gotten a full time job so he did get a letter stating he was denied unemployment because he had a full time job plus his benefits had run out for unemployment…

So once home I changed so we could pick up son3 from school and go grocery shopping… Just got some basics to go with what we have… went to Food Maxx that we used to shop at way back before they put in the big new WinCo… Food Maxx is exactly the same but seemed way small and hardly anyone was there for a Friday afternoon…

Son1 is off with girlfriend… Son2 has just got home from hanging with his friends… Son3 has been watching Transformer with hubby and me… I went through all my email… getting tons of junk email from all the job websites that I have been unsubscribing from… and we have been getting tons more hang ups on the house phone than usual… From go back to school to insurance to shopping… Now the boys have showered and we are getting ready to have ice cream and finish the movie…

I’m still tired and feeling yucky so looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow… It’s not good for me to be sick though cause than poor Holly got left out two nights in a row… It’s not cooling off in here as well tonight… It’s only 81 outside but 85 in the house… I have all the fans going as usual… I have just finished my ice cream cone… It was so good… the store had chocolate and vanilla… like Neapolitan but without the strawberry… tasted just like the ice cream at the Zoo…

Today I ate: vitamins, water… lunch~chimichanga, yogurt, cola… two crackers with peanut butter before going to the grocery store… dinner~Top Ramen soup, tortilla chips, water… ice cream cone…

Happy Journaling…

5 comments:

betty said...

glad you are feeling better! just continue to hang in there!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm happy to hear you are feeling some better. It's very cool here this morning at 54 and will warm up to mid 70's today. I haven't had the air on for a week now so that's a great thing. By next month though the heat will have to come on and that cost me way more than keeping my house cool in the summer. I hope you hear some good news soon! You all are in my prayers.

slj said...

Glad that you're feeling better. One of the pitfalls of stress seems to break down our immune system.
Keeping my fingers crossed that hubbys checks start rolling in.
Sheri

Martha said...

Hope you are all better for the weekend! You won't believe this but I woke up sick - AGAIN! I haven't even finished my antibiotics and here I go again!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you hubby!

Lisa said...

We have some kind of sickies here too and I keep rebuking it LOL. We run fans here too a lot. The weather is cooling down but still too hot for me not to run the air, especially with chest congestion and coughing. If it gets too hot I cough more. I will continue to pray for hubby...