.

.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August Twenty Fourth…

fetchhb

Hubby and I are watching another Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea… son1 is off at friend A’s house, they haven’t hung out in quite awhile, since son1 has been spending all his time with friend S… Girlfriend started back at college tonight…  son2 is watching WipeOut… son3 is in the shower and heading to his room to watch something for a minute and then sleeping…

Another good day at work… we were supposed to have a visit yesterday or today but don’t think we did… supervisor is back to work tomorrow after her little vacation… Today at work I scanned men and athletic shoes for missing signs… then had coworker finish women and kids… then showed him how to print them out so he could put them up… I opened boxes all morning, went to lunch and then opened boxes all afternoon… I think that is part of my losing weight is all the exercising I’m getting at work… walking, lifting, up and down ladders…

according to the scale I’m down over 22 pounds now… I’m hoping next week to start adding exercise at home too…

fetchpsb

Got home… hubby was having grumpy time homework with son3… hubby is choosing to have son3 do his homework on his own with lots of poking and prodding… so it took over an hour just for son3 to look up definitions for ten of his spelling words… he said he did his math and language homework just fine without help… I would have chosen to help son3 with the definitions to get it done quicker… not do it for him, but guide him through the dictionary… he is still learning by repetition of doing it every week… it’s not like we are half way through the year and he is still not using the dictionary.. it’s only two weeks into the school year… I’m more for knowing how to spell the words… and getting the homework done in the 40 minute time period that the teachers swear it takes… also would like to have time to do reading… hubby just chooses to pick different battles than me… also found out son3 brought home the wrong math homework yesterday so got a detention slip for it… but then he forgot to bring home the detention slip today for us to sign so tomorrow he will get a detention slip for the detention slip… argh… he is in the upper grades now and they get reward trips at the end of six weeks or so, although  I thought they had stopped doing this as they could not afford so many field trips a year… anyway… more than three detention slips and no reward field trip for the student…

Also this school year son3 has 35 students in his class… the teachers at our elementary school are used to having only 21 or so… I think we are at maximum classrooms and teachers just too many students this year… especially with kindergarten going to morning only this year…

I checked email and threw some stuff together for dinner… when I do homework with son3 I make dinner at the same time… not hubbys though… lol… we had leftover ribs and sides… plus I heated up a frozen rigatoni dish hubby had bought, a can of beef stew and some cheese bread… now dinner is over, the sink is full of dishes plus more and it’s already 8:30pm… I still haven’t gotten to open my new Emergency DVD… I’m off tomorrow with too many plans to fit in one morning…

clean the house, dishes, laundry, wash bedding, yard work, blogging, facebook, read, watch tv, wash cars, projects, and then some… but first… lots of sleeping…

Today I ate: Breakfast~apples and cinnamon oatmeal, vitamins, water… Lunch~chimichanga, yogurt, cola… After work~chips and beans… Dinner~rib, carrots, rigatoni, beef stew, slice of wheat bread, cheese bread, water~I had just a bit of each in a small plate and just a bit of stew in a small bowl… popsicle~I’m sure I’ll have one here in a minute… it was 105 degrees today…

Happy Journaling…

5 comments:

slj said...

Wow..22 pounds, that's great..
Keep up the good work..
By now your clothes must be getting pretty loose..you'll need to get a whole new wardrobe soon..That's always fun.
I sure don't miss the homework days. It wasn't too bad with my daughter but with my son it was a nightmare at times:)
Have a great day,
Sheri

Tina said...

I have a lot of catching up to do here! I want to say Woo Hoo about the 22 pounds though. That is very impressive!!

Back soon.....

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I guess it is hot there. We've cooled down in the 70's this week but will heat up close to 90 again by the weekend. Enjoy your day off!

betty said...

congrats on the 22 pounds gone!! you are doing great!!! I need to do what you are doing, watch portions and try not to eat between meals! it certainly is paying off BIG TIME for you!!

amazing at the size of the classes for son3. I can't imagine keeping track of so many, seems like it would be a bit overcrowded indeed!

try to stay cool; they say it is supposed to cool down this weekend, one can hope, right?

betty

Missie said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That's something to be very proud of.

Happy Hump Day!