.

.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

August Twenty Eighth

!!!kittyhangingaround!!!

Yesterday was a sad day for me so didn’t feel like posting last night… I think I was past the initial shock and fight mode and the reality of everything hit me and I was on the verge of tears all day…

I was also unproductive at work… plus the handhelds were not cooperating nor were the batteries charging well… I did get the ad set and a few boxes opened and a lot of talking to supervisor…

Hubby got a lot of little things done around the house and spent over two and a half hours on the phone with ATT support… they even had to do research and call him back… they were stumped as to why the computer would not go online when we were online due to DSL, so nothing wrong on their end… but a Big Thumbs Up for ATT support… so when I got home we downloaded Internet Explorer and Firefox from the laptop… first tried installing internet explorer but still wouldn’t recognize anything so installed Firefox and TADA able to connect to the internet and see web pages… YAY!! so hubby put internet explorer in hide mode so no one will accidentally click on it and freeze up the computer…

I spent most of the evening on facebook just hanging out… Dinner was whatever you could find… son1 was off with friends after work so never saw him… We watched some more Wild Wild West episodes… son2 was catching up on his facebook withdrawals… and son3 was playing with son2’s Heroscape… after getting the boys settled in bed, hubby and I watched a Bones episode and I don’t even remember falling asleep…

Yesterday I ate: vitamins, water… Lunch~chimichanga, yogurt, cola… chips… Dinner~chicken strip, baked beans, beef stew, 2 croissants…

kitty butterfly

This morning I am feeling better… Hubby is doing fine, but he knew about it longer than I did, so has had more time to adjust… Has plans for his resume… I paid the house payment for September… figuring out how we can live on my income, although half of my paycheck goes to medical benefits, til hubby gets unemployment or a job… keeping the little bit of savings we have for house payments…

We told son3 so he understands as best a 9 year old can… the biggest change for him is hubby will walk him to and from school to save on gas… the school is a five minute walk, lol… He is playing with the Heroscsape again this morning and watching cartoons…

Son2 is painting my black shelves white and has chores to do today… plus don’t know if he has homework this weekend…

Son1 has friends over helping him replace his clutch… so far they have broken the gear shift and now need to replace that too…

Hubby is working on cleaning up to get stuff out for our big garbage pickup next week… actually hubby would have been on vacation next week…

I have lots to do today!! Clean the kitchen, clean the bathrooms, laundry, wash rugs and towels, maybe wash sheets, go through my paper piles and update checkbook, hubby has unemployment to fill out, I’ve pulled out the phone books so we can look up companies in the area to apply at for jobs, water the house plants…

Ok, an hour later and I am back… hubby is now all signed up at unemployment and registered at their job search… now the rest is up to him to update his resume and fill out job applications online…

It is 12:30 already and I need to get busy and get some things done…

Happy Journaling…

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

As hard as it is life does go on but something like that sure does throw you for a loop. We went through that same thing with my hubby, back in the 80's and again in the 90's . We did so well with what little I made and unemployment that I swore I'd quit working when he got back to work. That never did get to happen, but I learned a valuable lesson. You can survive on a whole lot less than what you think you can and no sense worrying about it. It's all in God's hands.
Just put your trust in Him.

'On Ya'-ma

slj said...

It is certainly natural for you to have a down day..But it sounds like you and hubby are being very proactive..That will put both of you in a better place I'm sure:)
Will keep you all in my prayers:)
Sheri

betty said...

I can understand that it would take a day or two to really hit and it would leave you feeling a bit sad, Linda. It is a shock and a worry for sure but it seems like you guys are being proactive about getting things done and making plans on cutting expenses, filing for unemployment, etc. I also think it might be worthwhile to call your mortgage company and explain the situation and see what they can offer if anything. At least you'll be proactive at the start and they might be willing to work later with you, can't hurt, right? good luck with your hubby with applying for jobs online. Son filled out so many applications on line and never got a call back or anything. Of course he doesn't have the experience your husband has, but I've often wondered if companies just set that up for filling out applications so they didn't have lots of paper applications at their workplace and could just give that standard answer "apply online" if people asked if they were hiring. I think looking at employment agencies, even temporary agencies, is a good way to get started to see what is out there too. Hubby has had temporary workers working for him for several months for different reasons. So keep all options open.]

betty

Lisa said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Linda!! I will be praying for this situation!! Just never give up, don't give up and hang in there! Sounds like you are both doing everything you can. I know how trying this must be!!!!
Lisa in Kentucky

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Linda, I'm praying that this will be an opportunity for your husband, for the two of you!