.

.

Monday, August 16, 2010

August Sixteenth

BirdhouseWelcome252Dvi-vi

The weekend got away from me and I didn’t get to blog…

Let’s see if I can remember what we did…

Saturday we had our usual family breakfast… even son1 was here… lots of talk of school and what son2 and son3 needed… think son1 was a bit jealous as he mentioned he needed some new school pants (for work) and some shaving cream… He did find the jeans he likes at a hardware store he hadn’t been to before, for a cheaper price than he usually pays, so he was happy… and I got him some shaving cream since son2 was using it too… also some pizza snacks for Danny…

but first hubby and I exchanged our Anniversary cards/presents after breakfast… I had hoped to do it just the two of us, but he brought the presents out while the boys were there and they wanted to see too… I got hubby season two of Bones and he got me Season one and two of Angel… we had found season three and four of Angel as a two pack for $19.99 so he was excited when he stumbled across one and two as a two pack too for $19.99… otherwise they are about $40 for each season… and we got a new stereo for the van as the one that was in there died on our trip to San Francisco… even the back speakers work now… we thought they had gone out but must have been the stereo going all along… son1 installed it for us Saturday late afternoon… 

I did not want to go but some school supplies were needed that we did not have in the house and I was out of vitamins and a few other things so I agreed to go to Target, no Walmart… Target wasn’t too bad and we found almost everything we needed… except for the two main school supplies: notebook paper and a composition grid/graph paper book that son2 needed… so I said we would just run in quick to Walmart, which we did, but then we waited in the huge line… and they did not have the composition book… so waiting to hear from son2 today on suggestions from his friends on who carries it…

Girlfriend was over for a bit, had lunch and helped son1 put in the car stereo… as he’s color blind, he needs someone to verify wire colors for him…

Son3 and I made his cutout man for his heritage report… or should I say I made it, he kept wandering off… he did pick out the parts and glue on some parts but we know that the parents do most of the work… told him I would put my name on it so I would get the A+ he says he’s gonna get…

Saturday night we had leftover pizza and salad and watched Clash of the Titans and more Lost in Space… I keep falling asleep and missing the end of all the Lost in Space episodes…

Saturday I ate: Breakfast~scrambled eggs, cheese sausage, English muffin and orange juice… Lunch~I didn’t have lunch, but I did have some tortilla chips and a cola… Dinner~pizza, salad, chicken leg, bread stick… water, popsicle…

birdhouse-coasters

Sunday I was up and at work at 6am… set the ad, got to use the new sign printer, fancy, went to lunch, and opened boxes… Not a good day as Chuck was a whole week early, you know Chuck, he comes once a month and brings his own luggage, you might know him as Aunt Flo… anyway it explained all my rages out of no where and why I have been wanting tortilla chips all week… however he wasn’t being nice to me Sunday with many trips to the restroom… Got off at 1:30 to discover I was actually off at 1:15, really! I worked longer than I had too… lol… At home all the boys were playing video games… I straightened up, reminded them that it was almost back to school again and their chores to get ready… I helped son3 take notes for his heritage report on the United States…

And I finished season one of True Blood… I think I can actually say I like it… not something you want to watch in mixed company but something I can watch just for me… I was like awwwwwwww when Bill sacrificed himself in the sun for Sookie… I knew he would be ok as they are now in season three… but what happened to Lafayette, was he a vampire snack… don’t tell me… I have season two already to come next on my rental queue at Netflix…

Everyone was on their own for dinner… son2 had some salad, son3 had corned beef hash and pizza… son1 went off to the movies with girlfriend to see Dinner for Schmuks…

Hubby got home late… he, son2 and I were talking about our day… then I was on the laptop, son2 was on the computer, son3 was on video games, hubby was watching nothing on TV… I watched a Lost in Space with hubby and of course fell asleep and woke up at 9:30  and the boys were not in bed yet… fortunately son3 had already taken a shower… so lights out for everyone and I went to bed and fell back asleep… so not a good start to our first Sunday getting ready for our first Monday at school…

Sunday I ate: Breakfast~nothing… Lunch~chimichanga, yogurt, cola… Dinner~tomato soup and cheese bread, cactus cooler… 

3518

Here it is Monday and I called out of work today… Between Back to School last week, Chuck not treating me nice, all the boxes I have been hauling at work… I am tired… I was light headed a couple of days at work last week and I had heart palpations two mornings… thought it was sugar in my breakfast too early in the morning but maybe it was just chuck coming… I know I ate enough last week as I was eating more than I wanted, hence chuck coming… and yet I get on the scale and down the weight goes… mind boggling…

So today I did the laundry, sorted through the paper piles, paid the bills, figured out some finances, dyed my work clothes, made potato salad and made some cookies… watched Emergency and enjoyed the completely quiet house…

Now son1 and hubby are home from work… son2 and son3 are home from school… hot, sweaty and grumpy… son2 is showering and son3 is having ten minutes of PBS/Martha Speaks and then we are starting homework… Spelling, Math and rough draft of his report…

Hubby said he is making dinner… chicken and rice with cream of chicken soup… for breakfast I had yogurt with frosted flakes, water with vitamins… for lunch I had chef Boyardee beefaroni and a cola…

Off to do homework….

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow you did good remembering the weekend. I didn't get to blog much last week either. Happy Anniversary!!!
Lisa in KY

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your life sure does get busier with school back in session. That homework is a must so no way to avoid it. Nice that your hubby chips in and makes dinner too. Mine didn't do that but the boys did by the time they were in high school. I often got it started and then they finished it by putting a casserole in the oven for me. Next week school starts for most around here. Hope you have a great Tuesday.

LOLAH (Lots of love and hugs)
ma

slj said...

Happy Anniversary!! It's nice that son1 could install it for you.
Congrats on the weight loss. I have to start working on that. I'll probably do it the way you are. Portion control.
LOL..as hectic as it is, I still kind of miss the back to school shopping.
Have a great week,
Sheri