.

.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

TMS Show and Tell

You can link up your menu plans, a food photo with or without a recipe, your table scape, a new restaurant you've discovered, your great kitchen yard sale find, or how about your nice clean kitchen? Anything goes as long as it's food/kitchen related, and no limit to how many posts you'd like to link up to share. How fun is that?!

To Play Visit The Motivation Station Show and Tell...


It is so hard to find baking dishes with handles now a days... So I was very happy when hubby found this one at Walmart... and it's a deep dish...


So I made oven fried chicken...

Betty Crocker Oven-Fried Chicken:

1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 to 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up

Heat margarine in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, in 425 degree oven until melted. Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place skin sides down in pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake until thickest pieces are done, about 30 minutes longer.

I use my own salt mixture of Lawry's seasoned salt, lemon pepper, herb and garlic salt, paprika, rosemary and poultry seasoning... And I just use a package of chicken legs with or without the skin, I've made it both ways... So easy!!



With the leftover pork roast from the week before we made sandwiches with the sliced pork, cheese and toasted on french bread in the toaster oven...

Happy Journaling...

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I haven't made oven fried chicken in ages but do love it. There are many things I don't cook at all anymore. Yours looks wonderful.

Martha said...

Everything looks yummy! Nice food shots, great recipe and really love the new pan. I'm going to have to look for one of those for myself! Thanks Linda :-)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

My husband just bought a very similar dish, ha, ha! All your recipes look wonderful, thank you for the recipe.

Tina said...

This morning my mother in law brought me some chicken that she wanted me to cook. It is drumsticks and thighs, and I was just feeling like I didn't really want to bother with them. I am SO glad I stopped here and saw your picture and recipe. I can now see the future of the package of chicken in the fridge!!

Lisa said...

Linda, I would also love to find more casserole dishes with handles on them! What a great find!! That fried chicken looks delicious!! Miss journaling so much ... could not write for a long while since the passing of my Mother in law... finally updated with two juicy entries loaded with all the goings on and more than you could possibly want to know LOL. I am just enjoying catching up with everyone so much and hope to be back to daily blogging now. God Bless,
Lisa in KY