.

.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November Fourth



I was off today... Racing the clock to get everything done... I had a nice day though but I'm grumbly now... I got lots cleaned up but the laundry is still not done and the sink is full of dishes again... I did get Halloween put away and Thanksgiving set up but the bills aren't paid... I made stew, it was really good... Son3 did good homework but also had classwork he brought home... He's now studying his multiplication flash cards... Son1 called home from work and made me grumpy... three years ago his friend loaned him money to buy a car, he no longer has the car nor has he paid the friend any money... the friend called him again today demanding the money or give him the car... he doesn't know that son1 no longer has the car... son1 wants me to co sign a loan... I refuse to help him on this... they were both wrong to make this agreement and the friend got nothing in writing... son1 has made several plans in the last three years to pay back the friend but has not followed through on anything... son1 wants to have all the money at once to pay him... he didn't like my no answer on the phone so he hung up on me... my headache came back and I still have the kink in my neck... finished son3's homework, talked with hubby, talked with son2... ate our stew for dinner while watching Aliens in the Attic and son1 came home an hour before he was supposed to be off work... he did come to talk to me and hubby but just to say don't worry he had taken care of it... stopped at the bank for a loan and made a plan with his dad... see it's all or nothing with him... I gave him a stern lecture about being grown up and responsible and following through and would we ever be able to have a full conversation without one of us getting angry... he doesn't want to discuss things... he wants an instant plan and then tomorrow it's a new plan... not to mention I'm sure he asked to leave work early so that's 4 points now, he is still in his 90 day probation... and girlfriend was with him... they are watching TV... I'm off to get son3 settled for the night and then get my jammies on and watch Drag Me To Hell with hubby... Holly is sleeping next to me.... Work tomorrow and our VIP visit...
Happy Journaling...

5 comments:

slj said...

Stress always seems to settle in my neck and shoulder..
I don't blame you for not helping son1 with his problem..They have to figure some things out for themselves..
Stew sounds good...yum yum...
Have a great Day tomorrow..
Sheri

betty said...

so glad you didn't cosign for son1; every financial counselor advises against it. we cosigned for son to get into apartment last year and we are still paying off the damages he/friends made to it before they moved out (last payment next month). I told him no more! once was enough and I learned my lesson.

eventually our kids will get they have to play by rules and not their rules, but they sure like to be slow learners, don't they????

betty

Gayla said...

(((Linda)))
I'm sorry for all the stress. Gosh, just a bummer. Good job on not helping the son with his homework. And now that he didn't get any help and had to figure it out himself, he'll never forget it :)

Hugs, Gayla

Martha said...

Sounds like busy, crazy times - but we're parents, what's new, LOL! Love your Halloween slide show! You guys really do such a wonderful job, everything looked so spooky! :-)

Linda's World said...

Wow, sounds like a hectic day. You need a "mother's helper"...wish you lived closer, I would come help you. Here I'm retired with lots of time on my hands but a little over 1,000 miles away. I agree with Betty, they've got to figure it out for themselves. If we want to help our kids with a little cash once in awhile if they need it, that's one thing, but to co-sign for anyone is a bad deal. Hang in there my friend...Linda up here in rainy, windy Washington