.

.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday...

Home from work... the boys are home from school... Son2 is helping son3 with homework... They are studying spelling words and son3 is trying to slip away... He also has a vocabulary test on their story tomorrow too... Son2 still needs to check if he has any homework, he usually doesn't... They want to be done so they can watch Get Smart again and play Heroscape... After tomorrow they have a four day weekend for the Veteran's holiday... So no homework for five days, yay! but I did tell son3 we were going to work in his practice book...

Heard we did fine on the visit at work yesterday... Today I had to set the ad again this week and then after lunch I never stopped moving, stocking all day and answering questions... Tomorrow I was supposed to be off at 11am, but I said I would stay til 2pm, not like I don't have plenty to do...

Last night I made a whole chicken for dinner, practicing for Thanksgiving, lol... I started hubby a shopping list for Thanksgiving for the grocery store... We finished watching Get Smart and watched Bones... I taped Criminal minds and CSI NY but we still have Criminal Minds from last week to watch... Tonight Smallville and Supernatural come on and CSI...

I have dishes calling and ants, yes we are still battling ants, would someone tell them it is winter time and they can hibernate now... I also need to get some bills in the mail before the holiday... We have left over chicken so dinner is easy... and homework is done and it isn't even 5pm.... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Now hopefully hubby gets home on time... Last night he got caught up cause another associate called out, so it took him an hour to get out the door... and then the car wouldn't start, so hopefully he fixed it today... son3 just told me that he went to school with the neighbor today as the car wouldn't start.... hmmmmmmm... well hubby and the car aren't here so he must have got it running... but wonder if that means it's fixed...

Happy Journaling...

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I used to love having a whole chicken as you could stretch it so many different ways. Leftovers are great. 5 days with out homework sound like a little bit of heaven for you and the boys.
'On Ya'-ma

Martha said...

Nice little mini vacation your kids get - we aren't off at all until Thanksgiving weekend! Hope hubster got the car fixed, maybe (hopefully) it just needed a jump? We just had another round of ants yesterday - they have been so bad this year! Tarro takes care of them pretty quickly, it's the only thing I've found that works.
Talk to you tomorrow! :-)

Linda's World said...

I too love to bake a whole chicken sometimes. Especially if I can get one on sale. I also buy the already baked ones in the deli sometimes. I think the last time I got one at Costco it was only $5.99~you can hardly buy one at the store that cheap. And Costco cooks it for you. I loved the "Get Smart" movie. I saw it in the theater. But I'm a huge fan of Steve Carell anyway. Reminds me~ "The Office " is on in 20 minutes. Later, Linda in Washington

betty said...

oh; I wondered why the kids got 4 days off; son was telling me his friends from where he used to live didn't have school Monday/Tuesday; couldn't quite figure that out

sorry you are still dealing with ants; I hear if you wash the cabinets and counters with bleach that has been known to help

betty

slj said...

My son and I eat a lot of chicken.lol. Always looking for new ways to make it.
I'm sure the kids will love a long week-end. It's always nice to have a break.
Sheri

swmpgrly said...

I would never trust BabyBoy to do my food shopping...lol

Joyce said...

Good news on the visit...and the boys are so nice to help son3 with his homework. Those ants can be pain...hope they are gone soon!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

I'm already buying Thanksgiving food too. Lauren was excited I got her jellied cranberries in the can LOL she loves that stuff and last year I could not find a can anywhere so I bought three this year. She'll eat one on her own. Crazy kid.
I'm off to scout out a country ham and 6 liters of coke to cook it in. Another thing my kids love and I only let them eat it on holidays. Nobody at my house likes city hams. I had one last year a spiral one and everybody was mad at me.
The kids get a lot of time off from school. Mine only get that day.
I was reading somewhere and of course can not think of it right now, but there is something you can do for the ants. I'm going to go to green stuff or homemade cleaners. The other stuff is just to darn expensive, plus it kills me to clean with it and I want to get Kait into using it because she cannot touch cleaners period. She's allergic to everything and Kyan is sensitive too.
I hope the car thing is fixed. I hate when that happens and you have to be somewhere.
Hugs, Chrissie

Sage Ravenwood said...

I had the ant problem all summer. I was never so relieved to see winter. Hope yours go away soon. I had to chuckle at practicing on a whole chicken for Thanksgiving. Actually it's not a bad idea. (Hugs)Indigo