.

.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February Twenty Sixth

 

wallcoo.com_Maday_Jane_2007_Kittens_Calender-01

Mark 8:31-38

He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.

But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter, Get behind me, Satan! he said. You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.

Then he called the crowd to him, along with his disciples and said: If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for he gospel will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.

wallcoo.com_Maday_Jane_2007_Kittens_Calender-00

Hubby and I were up at 7am… had to get son2 to college… son3 stayed home to rest his stitches… and it was a good thing because son3’s doctor called at 9:30am… he wanted son3 to come in for an ultrasound to make sure all the splinter was out… guess he worried about it overnight… so hubby took son3 to the doctor at 11am… and they didn’t get home til almost 1:30pm… the x-ray department was running an hour behind schedule… the ultrasound came out just fine and all the splinter was out…

While hubby took son3 to the ultrasound, I did the dishes, two loads of laundry, filled out son3’s paper for seventh grade registration, put peas and ham on the stove for split pea soup and vacuumed…

IMG_0001

Here’s the view of the clubhouse from our backyard over our fence into the neighbor’s yard that son3 was playing in when he got the splinter…

IMG_0002

In the afternoon hubby and I went back to the doctor to pick up son3’s note for missing school and his excuse from PE til the stitches come out on the seventh of March…

Then we went to Walmart… but I forgot the list at home… but was able to remember everything on it… got the milk and eggs… stuff for lunches… a couple of things for Easter… socks for me and son3… bras and panties for me… soap… I still can’t find shirts for work…

Then we picked up son2 from college, got gas in my van, and got Carl’s Jr for son3 as a special treat for all his splinter drama… son2 got some too… hubby and I had pea soup, it was so good, and bean dip and chips…

Now we are watching Madagascar 3… Son3 is sitting with me on the couch…

IMG_0003

Miss Holly get a bit of sun today…

Tomorrow is back to work… and son3 back to school… I’m not looking forward to all the homework he is going to have to catch up on the two days he missed…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

You cannot flirt with sin. Every addiction starts with a bad habit.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you need to forgive yourself.

How long must you carry the burdens of your mistakes? You are not meant to live every moment with regret. Learn from your past, and carry on with your head held high.

 

Today

 

Sunny 66°

Tonight

 

Mostly Clear 39°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 70°

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

Maybe you'll be lucky and the homework won't be bad. I like the doctor for being thorough to check everything out; glad there was no further splinter!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Seeing that you made soup reminded me that I have had some peas and ham here just waiting for me to make soup, but haven't done it yet. I froze pieces of ham leftover at Christmas time. Glad Son3 is doing ok. I'm sure they'll give him some extra time to get the homework done. Hopefully all will be caught up by the weekend. Have a wonderful Wednesday!