.

.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Twenty Eighth

 

bc

Luke 13:31-35

At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.

He replied, Go tell that fox, I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal. In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day – for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

ui2ik54f4c38ce7attid0-22

Today was a better day at work… I am still in a blah mood though… one of those weeks where you think, which day would be a good day to call out of work… but I don’t… too much to do… today I changed out an end cap… worked on out of stocks… held the manager phone for a bit… and then I was going to work on my monthly training but I ended up pulling some stock to the floor instead…

Son3 got all of his homework done except for one math page that was due at the beginning of the week so I told him that one he can do this weekend and turn in Monday… I was bad though and helped a bit too much on some of his papers… we are teaching him bad homework habits… but he has so much and I can’t see him doing homework from the time he gets home from school til nine at night when he is just in elementary school… right now he is just finishing up showering… and he still hasn’t really studied for his spelling test… we studied for his geography test for a bit earlier… he has not been doing well on his spelling tests the past few weeks… but then all school year the teacher has been having spelling every other week til the last three weeks he’s been having them every week… even when son3’s at school all week we are playing catch up with homework all week… or it’s just me, I have a bad homework attitude…

I’m tired… we watch too much TV and stay up too late… tomorrow’s Friday and I close so I can sleep in a bit before son3 has to get up for school… and I am off this weekend…

Hubby did call the lady from the temp agency that called on behalf of Coca Cola… and she said that they put him on the short list which is good as opposed to being rejected… and that they like his resume… and once they go through everyone, they will then set up interviews… the position is a temp six month position…

Son1 stopped by today… he is loving his new job… he likes getting off early and not working ten hour days like he did at his old job… and working outside… he is working at sites building apartment complexes… he borrowed some of hubby’s garden tools and brought some back…

Hubby has put on Joyce Meyer… son3 has gone to his room to study and go to bed… son2 is on his laptop… I am ready for bed and thirsty… but first I am going to look at books online and then pick a new book to read… I finished my Nora Roberts book, Irish Dreams today…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

We need to have fruit. It’s not about bumper stickers but acting the way that God wants us to act.

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

acceptance brings peace.

Accept your own beauty and your limitations. No sense in trying to be who you are not.

 

Tonight

 

Clear 45°

Tomorrow

 

Sunny 76°

Tomorrow night

 

Mostly Clear 49°

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

I don't blame you for having the attitude you have about homework; I think it is excessive what son3 gets; it should only be in my opinion 30-45 minutes nightly.

I'm sure you are looking forward to your weekend off

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Just one more day and the weekend off, that is something to look forward to. Good news about the temp agency. Those jobs can lead to longer term work. Many just want to see what kind of people they are so go for short term employment first. Hope you have a fantastic Friday!