.

.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

June Ninth

IMG_0014 

Last Day of School!!

IMG_0015

Son3 off to school this morning…

IMG_0022 copy

Hubby and I went to his award ceremony this morning… and son3 got an award for 3.0 or better grade average…

All my worry of fighting with him to do homework… he stopped participating in the reading program for the last half of the year… I have to tell him how to spell every word when he writes sentences and remind him to put capitals and periods… we never did have the conference with the teacher after Christmas for our concerns…

And he got a B average for the year… Maybe I’m too strict… good thing I’m not the teacher…

Hope he remembers to turn in his library books he still has on the last day of school, that have been in his backpack all month and everyday I tell him to turn them in…

Hubby is home today… He has a tummy ache and is doing training on the computer at home… Not that they are expecting him at work, as he just goes around town handing out pencils, candy and flyers looking for businesses who are in need of copy services… he keeps track of his hours, working four hours or less a day… we are hoping when the owner gets back from disability leave that we will feel better about this new job… that the manager just doesn’t want to deal with hubby as she has her own job to do and doesn’t know what all the owner is expecting as she created hubby’s position… I want to be excited about his new job and I am not… I don’t mind him having a part time $9 an hour job… but one that he can punch in and out at and not continue doing at home on his own computer, using our cars for travel purposes and only getting credit for working one or two hours a day sometimes, as they don’t need him… so we shall give it a bit more time… but I’ll be turning some of the job website alerts back on…

Yes, I passed my certification… I got to work at 8am, found out my boss was expecting me at 6am, would have helped if she would have told me that… the district guy came at 9am… and left at 11:30am… started good, got a bit stressful in the middle, left on a good note… we missed three questions out of 54… would have passed one if I would have faked it instead of being truthful… the second I expected to miss as the stockroom locating did not get finished… and the third was sizing which we would have passed if he wouldn’t have gone in two other areas for two different questions that weren’t sized after he had checked us off for being sized in the areas he checked for the sizing question… actually he was quite kind as several of the questions were iffy in passing and yet he passed us… and I would have agreed with him for the nos… he did say it was a training/coaching certification and not a crucifixion… I’m just glad to start doing my job now on a day by day basis and not a stressful is everything ready for the visit day…

After he left I talked with my associates and fellow co workers all inquiring about the walk thru… finally went to lunch at 12:45… printed out my reports… spent two hours doing the schedule for next week… back downstairs to post the reports… was going to open boxes for an hour but looked at my watch and it was already time to go home… thus the reason that I came in at 8am and not 6am…

Now I’m waiting to go to work as I close tonight… 2-3: check email; 3-6: manager on duty and open boxes; 6-6:45 go to dinner; 7-8: open boxes; 8-10: close store… at least that is my plan… I’m sure I will have lots of interruptions along the way… and work will fly by and I will get hardly anything done…

The kittens are even bigger and can get into more stuff… They can jump up on the kitchen counters now, and are trying to reach all the blind cords no matter how high I put them up, and are getting into the house plants, and keep knocking the dog food bowl over and bat the dog food all around the kitchen, and knock off all our papers off the tables and bat the pens and pencils around… they have lost my brand new roll of 100 stamps that I am still looking for somewhere in the house… But they are oh so cute…

I’m off to get a few chores done before I have to go to work…

On this day, God wants you to know

... that there is no such thing as a problem without a Divine gift hidden within it. You have these problems because you need the gifts they carry within.

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

slj said...

Congratulations!! We all knew you would be fine:) Now you can relax and settle into your job..
Congratulations to son3 also..nice job..He can go into his vacation feeling oh so proud of himself..
Have a wonderful week-end
Sheri

betty said...

yea for Son3 getting that award!! You are very diligent in working with him, Linda! I admire you for your persistence!! That was good that you were wanted to be truthful during the certification, that speaks of character! This was a good learning experience for you for the next one, right?

so sorry about hubby's job not quite going the way it should. I totally understand your feelings and a bit of frustration. It does get aggravating sometimes, doesn't it?

I hope the boys have a great summer break and you enjoy your vacation next week!

betty