.

.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quesadilla...

This entry is for Betty, Hollie and Linda in Wa.... I mentioned the other day that I made some quesadillas... and they asked for the recipe... I did have to chuckle as they were just cheese quesadillas....
So I made one just now to share the recipe... Only takes a minute to make, faster then it takes the boys to eat them, as there are still three slices left since I started the entry....


You'll need tortilla shells and shredded cheddar cheese...


Place one tortilla shell on a microwave safe plate and sprinkle with cheese...
I have also in the past spread refried beans on the tortilla shell and then covered with cheese and what's even better is to add some cooked cut up boneless chicken to the beans and cheese and add a bit of taco bell hot sauce... We usually have left over taco bell packets lying around...


Then cover with another tortilla shell.... For just cheese, microwave for 30 seconds, then run your fingers across the top of the quesadilla to spread the cheese out and then cook for another 15 seconds to finish melting the cheese... for beans and chicken cook for 45 seconds, then check the cheese and cook in the microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds til cheese is melted...


Then cut into triangles and enjoy...

I do have an electric quesadilla maker but the shells come out hard instead of soft so haven't used it in a while...

there is only one slice left now... :)

Happy Journaling...


6 comments:

Hollie said...

Thanks so much! I'm going to have to try that! It looks delicious!!!

betty said...

yum!! thanks for posting how you did it! I'm going to try it later this week :)

(thanks for the other email you answered about son1; good that with the different schedules you guys are opposite sides of the house :)

betty

Lisa said...

OK..I could actually do this!! Looks great, I am going to try it.

Cindi said...

lol...I'm chuckling with ya...they are like a staple at my house...anything that easy to make I have around always!!!...
take care

Martha said...

I make these too - they are a great way to make a meal out of a small amount of leftovers too. If I have just a little bit of chicken left over I'll add a bit shredded and serve with a salad. Yummy! :-)

Lisa said...

What a great recipe Linda!! I will have to try this sometime!!
Lisa in Kentucky