.

.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

We are so busted, lol... Hubby came home two hours early since work was so slow... and here me and the boys are, still on the computers and no chores done... well I did a couple of loads of laundry, filled the bird feeders and trimmed the roses... and tried on my new work clothes that came in the mail... everything fit, some a little big even, so will order the smaller size next time...

I put out my new mushrooms that I got for Mother's Day in the yard today... So what's everyone doing for the holiday weekend... we have to work... well hubby worked today and I was off, but then I work Sunday and Monday and hubby is off... of course he will be doing homework with the boys... son3 has a diorama and report due on the rain forest and son2 has a report due on he doesn't know what yet until he reads the paper... Sunday at work I have to set the ad but with a new process and a new associate starting and Monday we have to do the new counting process again but it should be better this time as we are the only store in our district doing it, so the handheld will be quicker... so both days I go in early and get off around 2pm... so still the afternoon to enjoy the holiday...


The Indian Blankets are coming up!! they grow so slow though...

And the pumpkins are coming up... so maybe this year we will have pumpkins by Halloween...

Otherwise not much this week... well except son2 was goofing around with his friends and scratched his back at school and went to the nurses office... but he was well enough to go to his friend's swimming after school... and son3 didn't quite make it to the end of the year without going to the vice principle's office this week... he was dared by some other boys in his class to do something you shouldn't do at school... I am so hoping these boys are not in his class next year, he's had them for two years now and every time son3 gets in trouble, their names come up... so we will be changing classes next year if they are...
Son2 is doing chores and son3 has been sent to his room to learn how to clean it... I'm off to clean the kitchen and broil pork chops for dinner... and put away all the laundry... and clear up some paper piles... and put the school projects on the table so hubby will know where everything is for homework tomorrow... Terminator Salvation and Night at the Museum, Battle for the Smithsonian came out this weekend but we haven't even seen Star Trek yet... We have Paul Blart: Mall Cop to watch tonight...
Happy Journaling...

6 comments:

Janie said...

Gee! I have not been able to view your journal. Finally I signed into AOL and now I can see it?? Weird?? Sounds like you are all going to be busy but sure hope all of you can find some relax time. :) Hugs, Janie

Martha said...

Love your new garden mushrooms! Are the indian blankets from the seeds I sent you last year? You know, I still haven't planted the things you sent me! I have been a very bad gardener since back to school and work!

slj said...

I have a few movies that one of my cleaning techs recorded for me. I don't find much time to watch them because my dvd player is in the bedroom..Haven't figured out yet how to hook one up to the cable box in the living room.
Hope you have a chance to relax after work tomorrow...
Hugs, Sheri

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your weekend at work wasn't too bad and glad at least you have your hubby to help with that dreaded homework. School will soon be out for summer break. I know you'll be glad.

Lynne said...

I had a similar problem with my youngest and a friend she hung out with and then finally had to nix it. My daughter tended to be a follower when she was younger. However, she has grown up and has learned it is okay to say "no" and if the person walks away, has learned they were not really a friend to begin with anyway. So, I feel your pain, lol.

Lisa said...

Linda you are so good at keeping up with filing and keeping the stacks of papers put away. If you could see my mail pile alone you would inspire me to whip it into shape! Hope you had a great weekend! Mmmmm pork chops sounds good! I'm laughing about you being busted... I get caught with the chores not done sometimes too. LOL hubby is usually good natured about it. But sometimes he gets in his moods. LOL.
Hugs,
Lisa in Kentucky