.

.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

March Sixth

 

IMG_0004

My Japanese Maple tree all of sudden went poof with all it’s leaves…

Yesterday at work: reports, email, Pebble (it’s like Facebook for work), talked with associates, updated .com board, made next weeks schedule, called in candidates for second interviews, talked with associates about Thursday’s tasks, went to lunch, held manager on duty phone to cover a lunch, opened boxes, helped members, posted list of tasks for week…

IMG_0001IMG_0002

Today hubby got son3 off to school…

Son2 didn’t go to school today because his dinosaur class was cancelled and he had a substitute in his algebra class who already covered all the assignments for the week…

I am all over the place with my emotions today…

Took hubby on a whirlwind tour of all kinds of conversations, mostly the conversation that we are not communicating very well lately…

Our usual topics of conversation: work, the boys and the weather… I’d like to talk about other things, which he will listen to me all day but he has no input of his own… and this from the man that can get up on his box and talk all day… very frustrating…

He also didn’t realize he has been working for six months now… he keeps waiting for his schedule to settle… he works part time retail, that is not going to happen… so he needs to figure out how to balance his time again now that he is working…

I have been back in shoes for just under four months… Feels like a year…

We are trying to balance work and play without having to wait til all the boys are married and we will really be too tired to work and play… lol…

IMG_0017

Once our conversation volume had gone down and son2 found it safe to come out of his room this morning… Plus he was part of the heated conversation in that he needs to get his license and stop relying on us to take him to school at different times every week, even though hubby makes him go most of the time at the same time even though son2 has to stay there all day for only one class…

Anyway I had started moving the family room around, when actually I was supposed to be getting a haircut from hubby but he had gone to the art room and was working on some four leaf clover pictures he was making for me to use online… hence us not communicating of what is the plan for the day and if we decide to do something different then said, then say that…

I have been wanting the file cabinet next to the desk for quite a while now, so I moved it… Even found some papers that son1 had been looking for and I thought I had put them in the file cabinet; they had fallen out of the drawer into the back of the file cabinet and I found when I took out the drawers to move it…

So there it is…

I am still very wordy today, hubby is at work now and not here for me to talk to/bug…

IMG_0018IMG_0019

I moved the desk to the other window since the file cabinet is moved… It was never convenient tucked in between the entertainment center and the desk when I needed to file papers or pull papers out I needed… I also moved Indy’s cat tree from the hallway to the family room and now she can see outside and all that is going on… Maple’s cat tree is to the right on the other side of the patio door… the cat tree was in the way in the hallway when bringing the laundry to the laundry room, in that the basket didn’t fit unless raised up by your head when walking past the cat tree…

I even vacuumed under and around everything with the vacuum attachments… so that side of the family room is all clean…

IMG_0008IMG_0016

I did some laundry today… Ran the dishwasher… Cleaned the master bathroom sinks/counters… Vacuumed all around the house… Went online here or there… Had breakfast and lunch… watched Goosebumps while I was eating lunch… We have Netflix at the moment and it has all five seasons of Goosebumps… I’m on season two… the boys think it is silly… I like the TV show and the books…

Hubby did give me a haircut/trim before he went to work…

Son3 finished his homework and did his chores, so he is on XBox… I don’t like him being on during school nights but it has kept him motivated to do chores and homework…

I went outside and took some pictures of the backyard… So much to do… Son2 actually went out yesterday and cleaned up some more where we cut back the lemon tree…

IMG_0012IMG_0010

My bulbs are coming up and some even blooming…

And as you can see some of the roses are blooming too… I never did finish cutting them all back but they have all come in even fuller then last year… so the bit of rain we had was good…

IMG_0013IMG_0014

The pumpkins we put out from Halloween are starting to grow too… we put them in a different spot this year so hopefully they will do better… get more sun and water… we’ve noticed the snails have found them already so we put down some snail snacks…

IMG_0011

Now it’s the part of the day when the boys are settled and it’s not quite dinner and I don’t know what to do with myself… because I don’t allow myself to relax… and I start to snack… so I’m here writing a blog entry… because it’s one of the things I don’t allow myself to do… so I’m trying to do more things and it’s ok if it’s not cleaning the house or working… I got a couple of things done in the house today so that’s good… I just remembered I even paid some bills… So now it’s ok for me to do something fun… like write in my blog and read all those books I have bought… or watch tv… or write in my hand prayer journal that I bought…

Most important: I’m not snacking… two days into lent and I am doing really well eating…

And then tomorrow morning I can do a couple more chores before work… and start to learn how to balance my time between work, home and play… I want to stop being so hard on myself… I’ve always been like this but it seems like it has been worse either since I became a lead again three years ago, or was it because hubby was out of work for three years or because of his cancer or because of this Gabapentin I have been on for two years for my neck from the car accident I was in two years ago… So much has happened in the last three years, lots of good and a bit of bad… but sometimes it feels like we are still waiting for the other shoe to drop… even though we tell ourselves every day that we are going to be fine and just enjoy today…

vampirehunter_custom-13ecd782d79301099e66126a9046555d446b458f-s6-c3099075564

The book I am reading now… Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter based on his personal journals… It tells the history of his life while telling a tale that vampires were responsible for his mother and his first love’s death and his life goal to rid the earth of vampires while befriending a vampire along the way… It’s nicely written, not all blood and gore, and very interesting…

I’m off to read now and have some soup for dinner… We’ll see what the boys want for dinner… last night it was individual frozen pizzas…

 

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Turn your situation over to God because He can do more in a moment than you can do in a lifetime. -Joyce

The more you believe that God likes you, the more you will like yourself. –Joyce

 

Logo3

Today, Linda, we believe God wants you to know that ...

as you immerse yourself in the beauty of the world, the beauty of the world immerses itself in you.

The more you see beauty, the more beautiful you become. Let yourself be one of God's most glorious creations.

 

Right Now

74° Feels Like: 74°

Tonight

 

Partly Cloudy 49° Precip 10%

Tomorrow

 

Mostly Sunny 69°

Tomorrow night

 

 Partly Cloudy 48°

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

Interesting book; you'll have to tell us if you liked it when you finish it. Haven't read it but did hear about it. Seemed like you did get a lot done today though, glad you took some time to spend a few minutes to yourself doing what you might want to do. Good for you for not snacking 2 days into Lent! 38 days to go :)

Gosh I hear you about the 3 years and waiting for other shoe to drop, etc. We're 3 years down here, hubby still not pulling in what he should income wise, my work unstable, etc., etc. One thing though is I've given up any and all attempts to do anything around the house (bad attitude on my part)I think it would be hard to communicate with the different schedules you are on; just hang in there and do the best you can!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed in so many ways . How nice your hubby cuts your hair. You really did get a lot done on your day off. I'm always lucky on a good day to accomplish one or two things. One day at a time is the best way to live. We can't be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hope you have a fantastic Friday!