.

.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Second

 

happy_groundhog_day_card-p137891642311453747bh2r3_400

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow so Spring will be on it’s way… Actually being in California we really don’t have seasons… our trees are already budding and will be blooming in just a couple more weeks…

IMG_0003

Hubby made breakfast this morning and then we went for a walk…

All the birds were at the water overflow…

IMG_0009

These birds were disappointed as we didn’t bring any snacks for them…

IMG_0010

On our way back we noticed three police cars at one of the homes in the neighborhood… as we passed a CSI vehicle pulled into the neighborhood… then a firetruck came in with it’s sirens and lights… followed by an ambulance also with sirens and lights… I have not been able to find anything in the news as to what happened…

IMG_0011

Son2 is off with friends as one of his friends is leaving for the Air Force on Monday and his Mom is having a surprise party for him…

Son1 and DIL went to a George Strait and Martina McBride concert last night…

original

Son3 is off on the computer playing son2’s Minecraft game all day… picture above… and below…

images

But only after I had him read from his Halo book…

He watches Son2 play the Halo game as it’s rated M for Mature due to violence and he’s not allowed to play nor should he watch but he likes the story line and the characters… So as a desperate attempt to get him to read I bought him a Halo book which has his favorite character Master Chief in it… and he has been reading my required three pages a day that I have set for him… he’s on page 58… just waiting for him to get hooked and want to read and not put it down after three pages… he is going to be in seventh grade next Fall…

halothefallofreach

Hubby and I are relaxing and watching X Files and Bones…

Happy Journaling…

2 comments:

betty said...

Son here is not a reader; I was hoping he would be, but he reads because he has to. I hope son3 finds something that catches his interest so he will get hooked in it! Sounds like a wonderful Saturday you had!

betty

lisa said...

reading HALO won't hurt him...my love of reading has saved my life and sanity more than once. I love George and Martina...i have seen Martina live in concert 3 different times. I hope no one is dead down the street! XOXO