.

.

Monday, December 31, 2012

December Thirty First

 

~ornamentbulbalpha-happynewyear

I am cleaning out my graphic folders, one folder at a time… These are all my Happy New Year graphics… I’m deleting all the graphics I don’t use so I can enjoy and use the ones I do like… I collected so many graphics during our years of AOL journaling…

1227champagnenewyear

Today is the last day of 2012… I am so looking forward to 2013…

Number one being that this is the year that hubby gets his new job…

Number two that I lose weight again… I’ve already started this week by trying to get my mind in the right place… but there’s still too much Christmas candy left in the house…

Animation163

I’m making black eyed peas today… trying a different recipe this year that I found but changing it a bit and putting it on the stove instead of in the crock pot like in the recipe…

It’s frozen black eyed peas, collard greens, bell peppers, purple onion and pork stew meat…

We’re also having pizza, bean dip with tortilla chips, salad…

And sparling cider and arbor mist for the new year’s toast…

cb

I’m putting away all the Christmas goodies today… especially the candy…

Hubby said he would start taking down the decorations tomorrow…

confettiBgCLR

I really need the boys to clean their rooms while they are still on vacation… of course I’m hoping to get the cleaning started while I’m on vacation to set the standards for the new year…

fetch

Son1 is bringing Danny over to spend the night… He’ll be celebrating the new year with us home bodies… while Kona will celebrate with the young folk…

fetch2008hny

Son2 came home around 2pm after a night of Dungeons and Dragons with his friends… now he is showering and eating… then back with his friends to ring in the new year…

fetchbwny

I’m doing the Christmas Thank you cards today…

fetchhny (2)

I actually started this entry last night to get a start on today…

I did put away all the Christmas goodies this morning…

And started the laundry… hubby ran the dishwasher and then I emptied it, filled it and am now running a second load…

Son1 brought Danny over… he was so happy to be here… he was even happy to see the cats but they didn’t seem to remember him…

Son1 brought Kona’s bed pillow for me to sew since she chewed the side open…

Son3 finally got up just before noon… he’s been watching cartoons and is now gaming it…

fetchhnyth

I made the black eyed peas…

This is the link for the recipe I found: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/greens-peas-ham-50400000124733/

And this is how I made them…

32oz water with 2tbl chicken powder broth

2 pkg frozen black eyed peas

1 purple onion

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1 green bell pepper chopped

1 red bell pepper chopped

2Tsp brown sugar

2Tsp spicy brown mustard

1 pkg collard greens

1 pkg pork stew meat, browned and seasoned with salt and pepper

I cooked it on the stove top instead of the crock pot…

It simmered for about an hour or more and then I added the collard greens for the last twenty minutes or so….

fetchmhny

Now I’m fixing the bean dip in my new pan I got for Christmas and munching on chips…

Time to do the Thank You cards…

fetchpny

Thank you cards are done…

now on to the 2013 wall calendar… putting all the birthdays and anniversaries on it…

fetchsm

Calendar is done…

hubby has taken son2 to his friends New Year’s Eve get together…

Pizza is in the oven… I’ve already opened the Arbor Mist… now what shall we watch tonight…

fetchwny

Dinner was so good! We are so full…

The black eyed peas were excellent…

Hubby and I are watching Ghost Adventures…

I’m sewing Kona’s bed pillow…

And having another glass of Arbor Mist and breaking out the candy…

happynewyear05MA15181031-0004

Even more full now after eating candy…

Watching Bones and The Big Bang Theory…

And Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve…

happy-new-year

Back to work tomorrow…

HAPPYY12

And then off on Wednesday again…

hny

Two hours til New Year’s Day…

hnyc

Are you ready…

hnycg

I’m off to welcome it in…

hnymbh

Happy 2013!!…

hnyp

 

hnyyy

 

jf

 

New-Years-1-19

 

OA5X0412

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do love your cute graphics. I had to clear out a bunch of mine too. Now I have plenty of room to add more. It seems I use more pictures than graphics anymore. Glad you all had a terrific New Years's Eve. I actually made it till Midnight without falling asleep. Slow moving this morning though. I wish you all a very Happy New Year! May it be filled with only good things!

slj said...

Happy New Year Linda & Family!!
Love all of your graphics..
Lol..I didn't make it to midnight..but
I did wake up at midnight to my phone going off with a couple of texts..and the guy across the street yelling happy new year..lol..
You're on the right tract for getting your stuff done:) I make lists for myself and cross them off as I do them. It seems to make me more accountable..
Wishing you the best for 2013!!
Sheri

betty said...

I felt like I spent the whole evening over at your house, LOL :) Sounds like a nice New Year's Eve! I have never had black eyed peas; might have to do that some day. I hope it is a wonderful new year for you and your family, Linda, and I too hope that your and my hubby find gainful employment so very soon!

Happy New Year!

betty