.

.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

May Seventh

Happy_Mothers_Day_Toons1

I woke up this morning to Mother’s Day cards and blueberry pancakes… Girlfriend came over and gave me a manicure… we have played with the kittens all day and now they are napping… and I trimmed the roses… now we are waiting for the Chinese restaurant to open so we can order Chinese food… Friday son1 went to the grocery store with girlfriend and they bought tri tip, beans, corn on the cob and macaroni salad for everyone for dinner… then Saturday morning son1 and son2 finished building the fence around the front yard… son1 bought the wood… I cleaned the house on Saturday, while hubby worked in the yard, son1 and girlfriend went to the movies to see Soul Surfer and son2 and son3 played video games… I made pork chops for dinner and we watched a few Angel episodes… after the Chinese tonight we will definitely have enough leftovers for the week… and hubby got a cake for dessert tonight…

 IMG_0005

The kittens are still so cute… They are even bigger since these pictures were taken… I have so many kitten and rose pictures I need to sort through and post… And letters I want to write… I’m on the computer every day but not enough time for email, facebook, blogging and sorting pictures and printing out letters to mail… I’m finally settling in to my new work schedule so next will be settling into a home routine around work… actually once hubby goes back to work, I’ll be able to go back to my routine… someone is always home and I can’t get done I want to without interruptions of some sort…

IMG_0056

Hubby has a second interview on Monday with the UPS Store… This was Indy helping hubby with his homework of writing up a proposal to present on his second interview…

It may be a full time job with traveling… on top of my full time management job… we’ve always been here for the boys to the extreme I’m thinking… so guess it’s time for them to stand on their own for a bit while hubby and I have careers… so we’ve been prepping them just in case… especially son2 who will be helping out with son3… I’m finding bribing son2 with comic books is an easy fix… Son2 will be a senior next year… getting his driver’s license… graduating high school… getting ready for college… and helping with son3 one more year… they are all growing up… now it’s time for me and hubby to grow up too…

1273150830

This week at work I have all the footwear leads coming to my store for a training session… so of course we have to be perfect for company coming… so I added hours and then added more hours and hopefully we will be ready… of course I will have to pay back those hours the rest of the month… and get ready for the certification in the next month or so of what we learned from the training… at least maybe we will get caught up this week… we get two steps ahead and then go back seventeen it seems… the boxes are piling up again… still trying to get associates to absorb the processes I did before… we’ve been so busy this week with Mother’s Day shoppers… and I’ve had several closing shifts and the manager on duty phone… and figuring out all the reports… and coaching the team too… so I have days where I feel I got nothing done and that I don’t even know what I’m doing… and other days I feel great and so on top of things… but overall I’m feeling better each day… it’s been just a month and a week… I would feel even better if I could get in a blog entry each day… but most days by time I get home my brain is fried or just plain tired…

mothers_day_graphics_16

Son1 and girlfriend are watching The Other Guys, son2 is playing XBOX, son3 is watching Osmosis Jones, he’s not sure if he likes it, I was watching The Tourist but not sure if I like it… so the latter two will be going back to Netflix tomorrow… we also have some Lost in Space to watch and CSI from Thursday… all the TV shows are getting ready to end this month… but we’ll still have plenty to watch with Netflix… I finished reading my book by Nora Roberts for the second time, it is that good… Trilogy: Born in Fire, Born in Ice, Born in Shame… Now I am reading the fourth book in Stephen King’s Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass…

The Chinese food has been ordered and will be ready in ten minutes…

Every time I save God wants you to know from Facebook, it reminds me how many days are going by that I haven’t had time to do an entry… although mostly I just can’t wrap my mind around words to write an entry, or really that I’m not ever alone to be able to think while I’m writing without someone needing something as someone is always home… I so hope that hubby gets this job tomorrow… I love spending time together but time apart is good too… right…. of course then we will complain that we never see each other with all the working… but money to be able to do something when we do see each other…

On this day, God wants you to know

... that difficult people are very important, - they teach you tolerance and acceptance. If all was going your way all the time, you would become a spoiled child, wouldn't everyone? Difficult people are just one of the ways God teaches us to expand beyond our egos and accept other perspectives on life.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that silence is golden. When we are quiet, we can hear God's messages to us. Sometimes these messages may be in the form of subtle intuition. Sometimes it may feel like an inner knowing. Sometimes we may hear a 'still, small voice.' If it feels right in your heart, trust that it is God speaking to you.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that it's your heart that knows who loves you, not your ears or eyes. Listen to the words, and you can be fooled. Look at the actions, and you can be fooled. Feel deeply into your heart, and then you will know the truth. Who makes your heart soar now? Well, what are you waiting for?

On this day, God wants you to know

... that you have to pass through a dark night of the soul. Everyone does, including you. A time comes when what you have always believed is true melts away underneath you. When you cast in doubt even the most obvious, the most simple. When it seems that d...ark night is all around, and you are all alone. Take heart, this journey through abyss is the final barrier before your emergence into the heavenly light of a new synthesis of your being. God is waiting for you on the other side.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that as you surrender to divine providence in your life, you will feel lifted and carried and held. All is well, all is well, all is well.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that the greatest happiness in life is knowing that you are loved for who you are, and sometimes in spite of who you are. Give this happiness to your family, to your friends, to your neighbors.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that there is no need to obsess over a decision. God has more in store for us then we can ever predict, and what we fear are bad choices frequently turn out for the best, because our hidden aspirations know better where we are going than our rational minds.

On this day, God wants you to know

... that you are beautiful. Even when you feel ugly or depressed or guilty or ashamed, there is an inner spark in you which is light. This light is your beauty. This light is your reflection of God. You are a child of God, thus you are beautiful.

Happy Journaling…

4 comments:

slj said...

Happy Mothers Day Linda!!
Your life is so busy...lol..that's how I'm feeling right now..
Keeping my fingers crossed for the job interview tomorrow:)
Thank you for taking the time to post "what God wants you to know"..
It's so inspirational and very much appreciated..
Have a great week,
Sheri

Bookncoffee said...

Hi Linda. Hope everything is going well and that your Hubster gets the job. Happy Mom's day to you!!! You work so hard! Proud of you for doing all that you do and with such a good attitude too! I love the God wants you to know pieces. Take care and have a great week!

betty said...

Happy Mother's Day Linda!! Sounds like it has been a nice weekend and having Chinese for dinner tonight sounds like a great way to end it!! Those kitties are so cute! Glad you got to see Son1 and get a manicure today from his girlfriend, definitely a nice treat! and I'm sure Son2 and Son3 have been spoiling you today too, along with hubby!!

I think son2 and son3 will do just fine if hubby gets that job, I bet they will "step up to the plate" and handle their new responsibilities down the line just fine!!!

betty

ADB said...

Looks as if all is going quite well for you all, Linda. The kittens are most adorable, just as well you're 8 timezones away!