.

.

Monday, March 28, 2011

March Twenty Eighth

IMG_0001

What a busy day… It’s 10pm and I am still awake and watching Castle…

Holly above with her busy day of sleeping…

IMG_0015

I got to work at 6am today… scanned the athletic shoes for missing displays, stocked the athletic clearance table, stocked the hanging women’s sandals…

7am, coworker came in, we discussed her new processes she is starting this week and we talked…

8am, supervisor came in and we talked about our new positions, things to do and personal items…

9:15am, store meeting… store manager gave the meeting and as he was wrapping up my new boss reminded him of his announcement of my new position… he whispered back are you ready for me to announce it… she whispered back, yes, no… he asked did she talk with all the candidates… she replied no… he announced to us that there would be an announcement tomorrow… lol…

9:35am, I went to lunch…

10:20pm, lunch is over, go back to work to open boxes… talk with other coworker that didn’t get the position, talk with supervisor, open boxes…

12:00pm, listen in on footwear conference with supervisor…

12:40pm, go back to department, talk with supervisor…

1:00pm, time to go home…

IMG_0016 '

Once home update hubby on all the adventure of the day…

Footwear district manager is coming for a visit a week from Thursday…

I officially start my new position on Sunday…

This is my weekend to work and will probably have to close Sunday… then I am off every other weekend…

In May I have footwear training to go to…

June the district manager will be coming again for footwear accreditation…

I have five weeks of vacation to take and was going to take one in either April or May and then another in June but not sure how that is going to happen…

I checked my weekend rotation and I work on my birthday… I have only worked once in the last thirty years on my birthday…

And so it begins…

IMG_0017

Picked up son3 from school… math homework and spelling homework…

Son1 came over to wash a load of laundry… and wash his Jeep…

Last night son1 called sounding a bit down, updating on this and that… still trying to make a plan on his career of choice…

This evening in between washing clothes and the Jeep, he made reference to wishing he hadn’t moved out to his own apartment again…

While he was washing the Jeep I gave hubby a heads up of his comment and should we let him move back in if that was what he was thinking… and how it would effect us and what rules we would enforce this time… and that we would empty out his old room so he can move in there instead of our front living room… or if we should not…

IMG_0019

Son2 came home from tennis, we had dinner, watched Hogan’s Heroes… son1 was still waiting for his clothes to dry and was supposed to go to girlfriend’s to have dinner… by 7:30 his clothes were still drying so he called girlfriend and told her it was getting late and he hadn’t gone home yet to shower so he would see her another time… so he had some dinner and was on my laptop for about an hour, looking up work boots and the military…

He has still been thinking about going to school to be a fireman, or waiting for his roommate’s connection to bring a company to our city so he can work there, or apply to the union for a job…. although he has still been seriously thinking of joining the military so they can train him to be a fireman or mechanic of some sort… So it was after 9pm by time we discussed his choices and he went home…

He seems more serious this time about the military but of course hesitant as it is such a big step… but he keeps feeling like he is getting old at almost 24, lol… of course he is seeing it as once he is finished with a four year tour, he will be almost 30… and of course girlfriend is a factor in the decision although this will be for her future too if they continue to be together… Meanwhile his roommate has gotten a job with PGE at just 20, setting up his future, which makes son1 feel he has to to something too…

IMG_0020

Now at almost 11pm I need to go to sleep so I can go to work tomorrow and actually get something done as I continue on my career, son1 ponders on his career of choice and hubby applies for his next career… so many different stages of our lives all at the same time…

On this day, God wants you to know

... that you are a human being, not a human doing. Take time to just be, to breathe slowly, to feel your body that is the temple of your soul. No activities, no worries, no buzzing.

Happy Journaling…

3 comments:

betty said...

I feel for son1, as I know you do too, Linda. These tough economic times one has to really be diligent in thinking what they are going to do, is it something that won't be replaced by a computer or taken off shore to other workers, etc. I think he is wise to consider all options available to make a choice. I think as hard as it is for him, being out on his own will be a "swim or sink" type of thing where it will help him to "grow up" so to speak and make good choices for career, training, etc. Sometimes letting them go like this is a good thing, know what I mean? Yet I struggle to if son here decides to move back in or has to move back in. I know you will decide what is best if that option is something that son1 wants to do though because I know you are like me, you won't let him be homeless.

I think you'll get used to your new work schedule with every other weekend off and working on your birthday, etc. I think the advantages will all be good as the days ahead come into play and you actually start being the new lead!!

betty

Lisa said...

Linda Miss Holly is too cute !!!!!! Hope everything works out ok for Son 1, Hugs Lisa

slj said...

At least son1 is giving thought to what he wants to do with his life. That's always a plus..
Holly is adorable..makes me want to curl up and take a nap too..lol...
Sheri