.

.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

December Ninth

 

1818952iz6gzzcy27

I originally started this entry on December First and now here it is December Ninth already… Son3 did not have any homework today so taking a minute to catch up… December so far is a roller coaster of a month… Hubby and I are all over the place with our emotions during his job hunting… We continually have new places to apply at and new plans of applying but no call backs yet… With it getting dark at 5pm and all the Christmas sentiments this month I was in a slump up til Saturday, so wasn’t really in a mood for writing… And now since I have been feeling better I have been a busy bee getting caught up with everything so run out of time in the day for writing…

IMG_0001

On Saturday I decided to put the new mattress cover that I purchased with my winnings from CVS.com on the bed… But I got a bit carried away and took the bed apart…

IMG_0002

Vacuuming under it, washing all the bedding and skirt… and dusting the headboard…

IMG_0003

New mattress pad…

IMG_0041

All clean bedding and hubby put up Christmas decorations…

IMG_0004

I also put some pillow cases up temporarily in the kitchen til I find some curtains I like as I want hubby to take down the blinds as they are very dirty and hang crooked…

IMG_0006

IMG_0021

We can’t believe how colorful all the trees are this year… usually all the trees start to change but then the leaves fall so quickly… but this year the leaves are staying on longer and showing off all their colors…

IMG_0027

These pictures are from our backyard…

IMG_0036

I’ve also been stressing myself out with thoughts of changing my job at my work… I still keep going back and forth on whether I should go work in the next town for my friend who is still in need of a lead… but then I feel I would be doing it for her and not me… It’s a way smaller store… and farther to travel… and getting used to being a lead and learning a whole new store… So I silenced my mind back to my original plan of posting for the shoe lead position if my supervisor gets the position she applied for… however I also heard that our signing lead wants shoes… so I also wouldn’t mind having the signing lead position as it is more similar to the last lead position I had… but nothing will happen til January so back to concentrating on getting hubby a job…

IMG_0042

All of the Christmas shopping is done… we did very good only getting gifts for the boys and sticking to our plan… Hubby has put up all the Christmas decorations… should have the tree finished decorated by this weekend… The Christmas cards are done and going out in the mail tomorrow…

IMG_0030

Son3 and I are almost done with his mission project… have two more paragraphs to write this weekend, find a few more pictures… they only have one more week of school… then on Christmas break we will type up all the paragraphs, color pictures and put everything on the board… the board is due Jan. 14th… next Wednesday his class is going on a field trip to see the new Narnia movie…

IMG_0034

Miss Holly in the backyard… she does not like this wet cold weather we have been having… she wants to be able to sit outside sunning and bird watching… I am loving the rain and cold weather just not the darkness so early…

IMG_0035

We watched Eclipse, The Sorcerers Apprentice, How to Train Your Dragon and Ice Age 3 this week… We just finished watching F Troop and having dinner… Hubby is cleaning up the kitchen… we have an agreement that until he gets a job his chore is dishes… Son2 has been watching all the animated Avatar: The Last Airbender episodes online on Netflix… Now the boys are getting ready for bed and school… Bones, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, William Shatner and CSI all come on tonight… Hubby and I started watching Hogfather last night but we fell asleep… Time to clean up so I can watch the shows….

Happy Journaling…

4 comments:

betty said...

good for you, Linda, sticking to your plan about holiday gift buying; in spite it all, I really think you guys will have a great Christmas! Cool that son3 and the mission project is going smoothly too and will wrap up over the Christmas break.

don't send the rain/cool weather our way; it is supposed to be 80s over the next few days, I think I'll take it!

betty

slj said...

Nice to see your post:)
It certainly can be hard to make a decision about jobs..But you'll make the best decision for you.
Glad to hear that your shopping is done..I'm almost there..lol..
Don't forget to take time for YOU:)
Sheri

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are so good to have your shopping done already. I know Christmas is only 2 weeks away but I'm still working on the gifts I'm making. I hope you get the job you want. I always figure that the good Lord puts us where we should be and where ever that is...it is the right place. Your Holly is such a beauty!

Lisa said...

Awwww Miss Holly is so beautiful !!!!!! Hugs Lisa