.

.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July

 

IMG_0001

I had to work on the Fourth of July, but I got time and  a half AND I got holiday pay for the day… And when I got home hubby bbqed hamburgers…

IMG_0002

I made potato salad… not very pretty in the picture, but very yummy… I used red potatoes and added apple vinegar, mayo, honey mustard, sugar and boiled eggs… I just realized I forgot the paprika on top…

IMG_0003

Hubby found some king size marshmallows that he and son2 roasted on the grill with hot dog grilling sticks…

IMG_0004

mmmmm they were good…

IMG_0005

 

IMG_0006

and sticky…

IMG_0007

and messy…

IMG_0008

son3 enjoying a hamburger…

IMG_0010

Hubby’s hamburgers are the best… he adds a package of onion soup, Worchester sauce, garlic salt and Ritz crackers… they are so moist, they melt in your mouth…

IMG_0011

We had watermelon…

IMG_0027

And we walked out of the neighborhood to the main expressway to see the fireworks across the freeway at the waterpark…

We also watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry with Adam Sandler and Kevin James… not very patriotic but very funny…

Happy Journaling…

9 comments:

slj said...

Glad you had such a nice 4th..the food looks delicious...Wish I had one of those burgers right now:)
Sheri

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh we have those huge marshmallows too and make smores with them using chocolate covered graham crackers. Very good! Looks like you had a great 4th. I forgot the paprika on my potato salad too!

Rose said...

yum---!!

Lynne said...

Looks wonderfully tastey!

Martha said...

Sounds like a great 4th even if you did have to work before the festivities :-)

Lisa said...

I love homemade potato salad and burgers on the grill. Hubby's recipe sounds yummy!! How cool is that you can see the fireworks right next to where you live!! That's awesome!! Glad you had a great 4th of July!! (Adam Sandler sure is funny.)
Lisa in Kentucky

Tina said...

It all looks so great. I am suddenly very hungry for potato salad!

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

LOOKS WONDERFUL..My kind if meal. I will have to try my hand at those burgers.

Christy said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT day!! The burgers look delish!!