.

.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

TMS Show and Tell


I think I figured out what my rut was... the dining room table... Upon getting a laptop you think that you are going to carry it everywhere you go... Not true... it's still big and not easily used on your lap as it's hard to type and gets quite warm... Occasionally I would use it in bed while watching TV or on the sofa while watching TV but usually it would be on the dining room table... In the middle of everyone... and every time we ate I would have to move it and all my paperwork on to the floor...
Plus I would be in the middle of the family chaos with the TV going in the family room, the dirty dishes in the sink behind me, everyone calling Mom cause I was just right there... So I realized while thinking at work on Friday that I needed a quiet place to get my creativeness flowing again where I could write and think...
The family computer that I used to blog on is on my big roll top desk in the front room where son1 now sleeps and has his computer sitting on the roll top next to the family computer...


So I got the idea to clear off the craft table in the Art room...


Ta Da! My new work table for blogging, bill paying and all Mom online game playing.... It's only been two days and I already notice a difference of calm... I also don't have the laptop tempting me on the dining room table now while I am trying to clean the house...


And my dining room table looks like this....


Hubby's corner of the Art room to the right of my work space... He says he has to clean his corner now... plus he had spread out to the craft table and now has to organize the items I cleared off back into his corner...


Son3's corner of the Art room where he battles the Empire against the dark side or defends his kingdom on his knight games or plays Zoo Tycoon....


Still have to organize this part of the Art room that contains all the school and art supplies...


Son2's computer corner in his room... See son2's chicken hat, he won that during Chicken week at school... It was Time Machine Day to dress for any era and he chose the 50's by wearing rolled up jeans, jean jacket and white t-shirt... I missed getting a picture of him that day... he says no one really knows where chicken week came from... they wanted to have a week to do something and someone mentioned they honor the chicken so they did... he goes to an Agriculture school so that may be why....


Son2 decided he wanted to clean his room yesterday... actually it was clean but he wanted to clean out stuff and condense and make room for new stuff...


Of course son3 was checking to see if he would get handed down anything good...


However today it still looks like this and he slept in the family room last night... he got overwhelmed and played with some things he forgot he had... we know it can't be done in one day but he hasn't gone back since... I've been telling him for the past three hours that at least his bed needs to be cleared for bedtime tonight... he emptied out the closet, that is where everything came from...


And there was son3's half of the dining room table that we use for homework time... I downsized what we needed...


And the homework corner is more manageable now... Son3 still needs to read some story books today for AR reading for school this week....

Do you have any projects to share... Stop by The Motivation Station and leave a photo link on the sidebar at Show and Tell....

Happy Journaling...

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Getting the table cleared does make a big difference. I often loaded my table up and it always looked messy when I'd walk in. Now it is cleared and it really does make a difference. My computer table is in the front room and I need to get it out of there as it's not much to look at so I've got some organizing to do myself.

betty said...

good idea to get the laptop off the dining room table and into a room where you can have some peace and quiet. too cute about the mess son2 created in trying to downsize; hoping he got at least his bed back together by now :)

betty

threesidesofcrazy said...

You've been busy! Looks great and I love that new header.

Linda's World said...

You should see my dining room table. If you saw it you'd know why I sit on the sofa with a large Atlas on my lap as sort of a table for my dinner plate to rest on. Linda up here

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wonderful, Linda, I am so happy for you and proud of all your hard work. What a charming workspace and love the view out your window.
Thank you for sharing!

Martha said...

Excellent job Linda! Doesn't it feel great to have your dining room all nice and clean? Love your new little office area too. Hope your son get his room finished up soon :-)