.

.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

J-Land Encounter...

Do you see who is in my kitchen.... That is our very own Linda in Wa.... She is just the greatest and what a treat it was to meet her in person... For a bit though we weren't sure if it was meant to be... between my work schedule and them having a bit of tire trouble on their vacationing... we finally got together about 9pm in the nighttime... I'm sorry you weren't able to see the roses in the dark.... but we had a lovely talk... and son2 and son3 were there too... and Holly was lurking about... The men were taking the pictures so these were the only two hubby took... if you can Linda, send more please... Now one of these days if hubby can ever get a whole vacation week, we will have to head towards Washington...

Don't tell Linda but I was so nervous, lol... but I had no reason to be, it was like we knew each other for years....

Finally Saturday.... but the day is flying as usual... I've been up for four hours now and I am still on the computer and I have not read one blog... I have totally lost time for reading blogs and I don't like it... Partly it's from being on Facebook but that is just a click and a scroll to see what everyone is up to... I've only been playing My Farm and Farm Town and barely click on Yoville any more as it freezes up my computer... Working til 5pm doesn't leave much time in the evening between dinner, tv and getting everyone to bed for work and school again... But I'm working on a solution to have more reading time.... I also ordered a couple of shirts for work online this morning and checked on which shows are left for next week before the shows are done for the season... I had some Capn Crunch for breakfast and washed a couple of loads of laundry... but that is it... the boys have rolled from Saturday morning cartoons to video games... and hubby is off at work...
I have been working away at work all week too.... barely any boxes to open lately, usually only Thursday and Sunday... so I've been stocking and resetting the men's and athletic shoes and signing and making sure all displays are out...

Today I have to finish laundry and watch Ghost Whisperer while I put it all away... and find ten pictures with son3 of things he likes and doesn't like for his class project... should get outside and see the sun for a bit but I think it is going to be 90 something today... 100 and something tomorrow... clean up the kitchen and dishes... make a chocolate cake... leftover chinese food for dinner... watch Bones, CSI and CSI NY... Then back at work at 6am tomorrow to set the ad.... All shoes on sale, that's gonna take a while to set...
The boys are surrounding me... all of a sudden they don't know what they want to do with themselves... son3 wants son2 to watch his three hour dinosaur with him that he promised all week... Holly is circling me and meowing... son3 has gone back to his games... son2 is still sitting here not telling me what is on his mind... I could make him a list... He and hubby want us to go see Star Trek tomorrow... we'll see if they are ready when I get home from work...
Off to look through magazines for pictures for son3... is it cheating if I just print them off the computer...
Happy Journaling...

9 comments:

Lynne said...

Hey lady! What beautiful flowers! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with your friend!

I remember meeting a few ladies online back quite a few years ago, lol. I was in Texas on business and it worked out for a dinner visit. We had a lovely time. I was nervous too! But like you, had no reason to be..they were very nice!

slj said...

Oh I think it's great that you got to meet. I would love to meet everyone that I "know" on blogger.
I'm glad that you posted pictures.
Yes, the week-ends do fly by don't they...

Hugs, Sheri

Hollie said...

What a treat indeed! Glad you guys were able to get together

Sage Ravenwood said...

How cool is that! I'm so glad to hear everything worked out and everyone was able to get together. I would of been nervous as well under the circumstances. (Hugs)Indigo

Lisa said...

What a great treat to meet Linda from Wa.!! Have a great weekend!
Lisa in Kentucky

Jeannette said...

I'm so glad you managed to meet up Linda! Linda always seems such a lovely lady, I've promised myself I'll get up to Wa one day and see her. Sorry she didn't see the roses, she'll have to come back to you one day! Time does go more quickly when we're on the computer, I'm sure of that! I don't get a lot of time on here, working full time and overtime puts paid to that. I just log on when I can! Jeannette xx

ADB said...

Now that's nice, the two Lindas in one picture!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful to meet a J-lander in person! I'm happy you got together!

Linda's World said...

Linda, I felt bad afterwards~we should have gotten a picture of the guys too. Oh well, maybe next time. It was fun & I'm just sorry we had the tire delay that afternoon. It would have been great if we'd gotten there about 7pm when it was still light. Your town has grown so much since I was there in 1955, and it sounds like there's lots of interesting things to do. I even looked at my squished penny list and there's several places that have the machines. I need to come back and stay about a week & see it all. Linda from WA but right now sweating in Pasadena, CA