.

.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday on Vacation...

I'm so clever... Maybe... Yesterday I spent most of the morning at war with the computer... I have always had AOL and paid for it until the last six months or so it is now free... Everything is in my AOL screen name... However a couple of years ago when we got DSL it came through SBC although the ad was through AOL... I have tried using SBC mail, but I like AOL best... Since now getting AOL for free or maybe just a coincidence and my computer is getting old, everything keeps freezing up when I am on AOL, so I tried going online through SBC, same thing, web sites constantly freezing up the whole computer... A while back I even updated Internet Explorer to have the AOL toolbar but I couldn't do a blog entry on internet explorer so kept going back to AOL... Well anyway.... yesterday I was reading blogs on AOL and when I would close out of the blog I was reading the computer would default to internet explorer, yes I have internet explorer as my default as it is labeled Blank, but this has never happened before, and then the whole computer would freeze up with internet explorer trying to open the blog and a hundred blank tabs... So finally I said fine I will try using internet explorer again... So far I love it! I don't have to wait for AOL to load... my AOL mail is on the toolbar to check, along with Facebook, Blogger and a few of my other favorite websites... and I figured out how to close tabs without accidentally closing internet explorer every time I closed something... and the best part I figured how to do a blog entry with pictures.... just turn off the pop up blocker and ta da, allows me to do an entry with pictures.... I'm happy... :)

It has been so windy here the last couple of days... and I'm freezing... I had the heater on yesterday and I just turned it on now... Yesterday was only 60 degrees here in Fresno and today will get to 68, Friday 78 and Saturday 86, finally... but are you ready for summer cause Sunday and Monday it will be 93 degrees... That's the Spring weather we are used to in Fresno, lol...

It is 9:30am, I've been up since 6:30am when hubby left for work... The boys are still sleeping in the family room, they camped out there last night watching Transformers... I'm munching on shredded wheat wondering if I'll get anything done today on vacation... So far this has been a very lazy vacation...

Yesterday in between fighting with the computer and refereeing the boys who are just about done with vacation and ready to go back to school... I cut up the bit of ham that was left and threw that along with the bone in a pot of pinto beans and let it simmer all day... We had it over rice with catsup and garlic salt, mmmmmm.... Hubby went to the store for milk and brought home a roasted chicken that we also munched on with a cheese pizza for son3 and some chicken strips... We watched The Tale of Despereaux... It was very cute! Son2 and I also during the day watched about four episodes of Emergency... I shredded some old files from the file cabinet and filed a pile that was building... did a bit of laundry and a bit of dishes... We watched Bones, it is on twice this week and hubby and I watched Criminal Minds and taped CSI NY... I also got caught up on reading journals... Other than that is was a pretty fast day...

The boys are starting to get movied and video gamed out on vacation... I can't get either of them to read any books... nor any interest in the paint sets they got for Christmas... They haven't gone any where as they have barely gotten showered or dressed, lol... Oh well we will be hopping once again next week once we are back to school and work... I was hoping to at least get the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned beyond the usual basics of upkeep but not there yet... and the checkbook balanced... and work in the yard a bit... and watch some of my movies... and write out an outline of all the things I would like to accomplish the rest of the year... for example I wanted to clean out one drawer a week since January... Here we are on week fifteen of the year and I've done two drawers... my sock drawer and son3's sock drawer... Well, still three days of vacation left... miracles happen... I'm off to check on journals... one more click on facebook and then showered and dressed and I'm ahead of the day....

Happy Journaling...

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sometimes those lazy vacations are the best and we need just to slow down and enjoy life as it is for awhile. I'll join you tomorrow being on vacation that is. Only one day but I have more Fridays coming up through the summer too. I have a good book to read and will just put my feet up in the sun on the camper deck and enjoy that for sure!!! It will be in the 6o's which is a heat wave for us. No 93 degrees til July or August here. 'On Ya'-ma

Janie said...

The other evening Internet Explorer told me that AOL toolbar was making myy Internet Explorer crash. It said to go to tools.. add on.. and delete AOL tool bar. I haven't had any trouble since. This is on my new laptop. I am using my own virus and spyware. I still have the old toolbar on older computer. Using their virus ware. Hope you are having a good day. Blessings, Janie

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Thanks for explaining what my darn problem is here lately. I added my AOL yesterday and since then my comp is going crazy and it added that darn toolbar. I want that mess off NOW.
Glad you aren't making me exhausted this vacation. Usually you're going crazy now I know you just need cold weather to relax.
I am no where near caught up on you, but will be back after I find out who dies on Harper's Island tonight..lol.

Jeannette said...

That's weird because yesterday my computer went crazy! It opened up window after window of Internet Explorer with the same website on each one then it told me it couldn't open it! They'd managed to fill my screen up with open windows! Lol! Vacations always seem to get wasted with me too unless I'm going away somewhere. Any time off work just flies past so fast! Jeannette xxxx