.

.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Winding Down...



I just finished watching Mama Mia... What a fun movie! and a bit silly and funny and I cried at the part where she was singing to Pierce Bronson before going up the mountain to the wedding, lol... Son2 watched it with me... One of his girl friend's text him while he was watching and asked him what he was doing and when he told her she said No Don't!, she had watched it last night... He said too late, it's over, lol... Hubby is off at work... The boys are wandering from one new toy/game to another... They need to get in showers soon, they promised me... Seems showers are not required on vacation... Ewwwww....

Went to work today... was not in the mood for it today... still reeling from Christmas... of course we have nothing left that anyone wants... We opened at 7am... everyone came at 10am and were still going strong when I left at 1:30pm... of course the answer to every question was No, Sorry... I am off tomorrow!!! and then hopefully Sunday is a short day, haven't seen the schedule yet, and then just Monday and Tuesday and then I am on vacation... Woo Hoo...



We had a great Christmas yesterday... Everyone got what they wanted and then some... We were woken by son3 at 8:30am with a 'Mom we hit the jackpock', instead of jackpot, lol.... Of course hubby and I have to shower and then fix hot chocolate and orange sticky buns and then finally at 9:30ish we were heading to the opening of stockings... By 10am son1 and girlfriend arrived bearing gifts... So between opening Santa gifts and their gifts and gifts to each other, we finally finished about 1:15ish... Girlfriend almost cried when she opened the TV we got them... Son2 and son3 got tv's too due to the going digital in February... Then son1 and girlfriend were off to see his Dad... So we pulled out the ham and all the leftovers and commenced eating while we watched Ironman... Son2 was programming his new cell phone and texting friends to let them know what he got for Christmas... He has been texting ever since... Somewhere around 8pm the boys went off to play PlayStation and hubby put in Superman Returns and I fell promptly asleep... He woke me up after the movie to put the boys to bed and sigh Christmas was over... I'm having a bit of the after Christmas sadness so trying just to kick back this evening and relax... Tomorrow I'll make a list and do some chores and make some new goals...

And let's see for Christmas I got some bird houses, a hummingbird feeder, lots of chocolate, lots of books, socks, pjs, a watch, snowmen mugs, Sixteen Candles DVD, Tin Man DVD, a vase, a candle holder, a plush snowman, bird decoration rain gauge and some lotions...

Ok off to get the boys in showers and maybe watch Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey...

Happy Journaling...


13 comments:

Linda's World said...

I bought "Mama Mia" last Wednesday (the 17th) and have already watched it 3 times and I also saw it in the theater on the big screen. It's kind of like my "Phantom of the Opera" DVD. When I'm here alone I can put it in the DVD player, turn the volume way up and go about my business just listening to the dialogue and the music. I also have the CD for both so can carry them with me in the car & sing along. Love it !! Linda in snowy Washington

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Sounds like a good Christmas. I haven't seen Mama Mia, but I do like most Pierce Bronson roles.

Have a glorious vacation!!!

Lynne said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Enjoyed the family slide show posted earlier.

Get some rest when you can and vacation is coming!

God Bless!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you enjoy your day off today. It would have been hard to go back to work the day after Christmas for sure. I'll go back on Monday and have just been totally lazy here. 'On Ya'-ma

betty said...

I want to see Mama Mia; maybe we'll rent it this weekend; sounds like a good one!! son2---LOL!! you'll get used to hearing his cell phone going off or watching him text or seeing him dig for it while you are out and about; too funny!!!! their lives are that phone for sure!!

so glad you guys had a nice Christmas day!!!

and so nice you have vacation time to look forward to!

betty

lisa said...

i think i only saw one pic of you in your collage from yesterday...with the bird house....my niece and nephew both got some cells that you have a keyboard attached and my niece, 14,kept texting and texting. I see these people maybe twice a year so i got rude and asked them both to stop long enough to notice me and my family. They did stop. I know my SIL wanted to knock me out. Maybe i am old school but i find it rude to go to relatives and not even say howdy before their nose is stuck in a cell phone. I asked my niece "who in the world are you texting" and she said "Nicki". Nicki is her SISTER and was sitting BESIDE me! OMG. I just laughed.
I know quite a few people that got big TV's for Christmas. So glad you and yours had such a great day. Retail is hell right now, huh?

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. I love 16 Candles and I've not got to watch all of Tin Man yet, but very good too. Made of Honor I watched the beginning, but I think I fell asleep and never tried to watch it again, but it looked good. I just ran out of time. I loved Mama Mia, but I am a big Abba fan so I pretty much sang the whole movie too. LoL. Now my kids didn't like it. Like I said you have to love Abba to enjoy it.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Lisa said...

Oh it sounds like you did have a great christmas along with the rest of your family. It took us hours to open our gifts - it is such a magical morning. It's just the two of us so we have our own little traditions but I love it.

slj said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas.
I haven't seen Mama Mia yet. I'll have to rent the dvd.
Have a great week!
Sheri

Janie said...

Just dropping in to say I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and to wish you and yours a Wonderful New Year. Love, hugs, and prayers, Janie

ADB said...

Linda,
I hope you've had a great Xmas, and I'd like to wish you and yours all that is good for the New Year.

Guido

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Are you on Vacation I think this is the longest I've not seen you write. Hope everyone is okay. Miss you. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you guys.
Hugs, Chrissie

Joyce said...

I've heard about Mama Mia...have not seen it yet...
Sounded like a great time over the holidays...and yes, ole back to work...don't you just hate it...LOL Hope you and your entire family have a lovely and Happy New Year!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce