.

.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Nine Days!!

The boys are now out of school for the next nine days!! I have two of those days off, one being Thanksgiving... but no homework, although I told son3 we would try to work on his practice book... I think yesterday he was on vacation already and that is why he didn't do his work in class, lol... However either because I'm sick or I was ready for them to be done with school a few days too, I discovered when I was showing hubby the work son3 didn't do in class that we had skipped about six pages... I was busy doing my work and not paying attention, so when he turned the page, he went from page 1 to page 5... so while I was making dinner, between me and hubby we got the rest done... so much for my early evening, we didn't eat dinner til after seven... We did get to watch Smallville and Supernatural, they were so good... Now they are done to the middle of January... Son2 and I have Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 to watch this weekend... And now that everyone is wanting to watch my Alien Nations, I have to wait til we are all home to watch them, lol... Ghost Whisperer comes on tonight though...


Work was good today although I had a headache all day from my cold... Still do, my head feels so big and heavy, lol... I found out that the other associate that worked yesterday also called out sick... of course she is the one who gave me the cold... Today I didn't get distracted and opened a ton of boxes... that is my goal this weekend to get all caught up on the boxes so we have all the shoes ready for the day after Thanksgiving... I do have an ad to set in the morning and then again on Sunday... and then I close Wednesday night to set the ad for the day after Thanksgiving... which I will be at work bright and early Friday morning at 5am... We don't get busy til about 7am though, as it is wise to clear the aisles when they open the doors as everyone is heading for brand central and electronics...

Well son3 is already on his games and son2 is waiting behind me for a turn on the computer and I am starving, so I'm going to see what kind of soups hubby got at the store today...
Happy Journaling...

9 comments:

Martha said...

TGIF! Hope you have a great weekend and hope you feel better soon!

betty said...

hoping the kids enjoy their long break from school!! I know you'll enjoy no homework and a less hurried life for those 9 days!! hoping you are completely better sooner than later!

what a grueling schedule; only 2 days off out of 9; that's not good odds for sure

betty

Linda's World said...

Wow, that's a long break for Thanksgiving. I thought they usually just got Thursday & Friday off. I have an elementary school just across the way from me. I'll have to notice if they are having shcool next week. Oh, how I'd hate to work in retail this time of the year. People can be so rude & pushy not to mention the slobs that don't put things back where they found them. Hope you're feeling better soon. Have you tried some saline nasal spray like Ocean? It helps get rid of those bugs fast. Linda in Washington

Lynne said...

I hope you feel better soon! It is not fun having to work and be sick! God Bless!

Joyce said...

The kids here are not out until next Wed. half day. Sounds like you are getting things in order...hope you and the kids, and hubby have a very nice Thanksgiving...hugs and love,
Joyce

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Hope you feel better soon Linda. WOO HOO 9 DAYS!! thats alot of vacation. Where the heck do you all go to school at? Mine get 2 days. You know I remember back when the kids were all little in elem and middle school and I use to love vacation time because I got so sick of doing homework with three kids it would drive me crazy. Heck if I wanted to be their teacher I would have homeschooled. It wasn't nothing against them, just after a long day at work and coming home to do my chores I was exhausted. I'm so glad those days are over with. I don't miss that part. Hope you all have a great weekend get well.
Hugs

Jeannette said...

Sorry I'm behind commenting but work overtook me! I hope you feel tons better today. Kids can be so crafty; skipping pages of homework! I'm glad you're all caught up now. Jeannette xx

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

This has nothing to do with this entry, BUT GEEZ

10lbs. 10ozs. what the heck?!

precious little son3 was that HUGE!!

He came out two months old.

lisa said...

they say this Black Friday will suck due to all the lay offs and no money...we'll see, i guess. Enjoy those 9 days with the boys. I know they will keep you on your toes. XO